Challenge Pista Seta Extra Tubular Track Tyre
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Tubular See the latest products
New in Tubular
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Pista Seta Extra Tubular Track Tyre :Image shown - Pista, seta version suppliedStrong and light at t... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Product DescriptionPista Seta Extra Tubular Track Tyre :
- Image shown - Pista, seta version supplied
- Strong and light at the same time, has outstanding features on wood and cement tracks. When speed is key and you have no time to think, Pista is the tubular to rely on.
- Use Track racing
- Size 28
- Width 20
- Weight 180 gr
- TPI 300
- Carcass Silk
- BAR 8-14
- PSI 116-203
- All tubular and open tubular produced by Challenge are special products. Machines are not able to produce them and the manual skill required in each step to obtain a good quality standard is very high.
- The casing is produced with the latest technical materials like Corespun (a cotton and polyester combination). Corespun is a thread from which we obtain a very supple and strong casing with low weights. The casings have a high TPI count that can reach over 300 tpi. Our production process avoids any vulcanisation process to enable all materials to keep their suppleness and flexibility.
- The tread is slowly hand glued on the casing which is previously mounted and inflated on a rim. By using this method the tread is relaxed on the casing and does not suffer any tension when inflated. The result of this is a lower rolling resistance, increase in comfort, more precise handling of the bike and better grip. Hand made tubular are well known by professionals and is this type of tire that is preferred for the long stage races.
- To give the best possible grip in curves Challenge uses the most updated materials to obtain flexibility, suppleness and this results in absorption of irregular surfaces giving to the cyclist the best possible contact patch. The wheel avoids jumping and the tire will deform and absorb the irregularities acting in some way as a shock absorber. A special fabric is placed between the tread and casing to increase puncture resistance PPS (Puncture Protection System) technology.
- Comfort means reduction of harmful vibrations for the wrists and neck, these vibrations, will end causing inflammatory problems, as a hard tire will transfer all the vibrations directly to the racer body.
- If you have never tried a hand made product, go to a local shop and ask to see one. Touch the product and look at its construction and the side walls. You will immediately notice the difference.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.