In 1994 DT Swiss launched the original Hügi ratchet rear hub, a marvel of Swiss precision engineering that set new standards for reliability and quality in the industry
DT's twin-ratchet 240 is now an established gold standard for lightweight and reliable rear hubs but time doesn't stand still and with 25 years of research, development and production experience behind them, it was time for DT Swiss's engineers to look again at the technology DT pioneered so many years ago
- The result is the new generation of 240 hubs with Ratchet EXP, an even more refined and evolved ratchet system, by moving the drive-side hub bearing inside the inner 36 tooth ratchet itself, DT have decreased the number of moving parts whilst giving the bearings a wider stance
- The result is a hub that is even more reliable and up to 20% lighter than the previous generation 240 and stiffer to boot with improved bearing alignment and long term durability, truly the finest hubs DT have ever made
- The extensively machined hub shell, axle and end caps contribute to make these the lightest 240 hubs yet with no reduction in performance or long term durability
- As with previous generations, the Ratchet EXP system is designed around a No-Tool system making servicing simple, further aided by new easy to remove, machined end caps
- Custom made DT steel bearings offer the same near legendary long term durability and ease of replacement that the 240 has always been known for
- Weights start at just 294 grams a pair
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
Customer reviews and Q&A's are disabled because you declined functional cookies.
To enable reviews and Q&A's click the 'Cookie Settings' button below and enable functional cookies.
DT Swiss 240 EXP Classic Rear Disc Centre Lock Hub
Cycle to Work is a salary sacrifice scheme, where you can save up to 42% off a new Bike and Safety equipment. This means the cost is deducted from your salary as a non-cash benefit, so you save on tax and national insurance.
Here at Tredz, we accept Cycle to Work vouchers from all national schemes. For more information click here.
At Tredz, we’re committed to bringing you the best products at the best prices. If you find a product cheaper elsewhere, simply contact us for an immediate response using our live chat service. Click here to discuss your price match with an agent now for help.
Subject to Terms and Conditions
At Tredz, we offer a fast high quality service, with a range of options from free delivery on orders over £20, next day and convenient click & collect from one of our stores. Simply select within the checkout.
*Courier deliveries to Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and the Scottish Highlands/Islands will incur a charge.
At Tredz, if you are not 100% happy with your order, then you can use our simple hassle free returns service. Simply return the item new and unused in the manufacturers original packaging within 365 days of purchase. Bikes and larger items are collected by courier.