Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex Sealant - 60ml
Please note: View 'Tyres Guide' below for ETRTO Sizing
- ShowProduct Information Caffélatex is a truly innovative tyre sealant, successfully used on and off (MTB, cyclocross) road, ... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
Thanks to the addition of microscopic silicate particles, Caffélatex now moves more slowly through holes, allowing the sealing ingredient more time to heal the puncture. These particles are NOT of macroscopic size (e.g., glitter 150-300 microns) but are instead microscopic particles less than 2 microns in diameter. Thus, Caffélatex flow characteristics change on a microscopic level without the headaches of valve-clogging glitter. Puncture repair speed is up to 5 times faster, an improvement especially noticeable with lightweight or thin-casing tires
The first advantage of Caffélatex over classic latex-based sealants comes from a foaming agent (Actifoam™), activated by wheel movement. Centrifugal force drives standard latex-based sealants against the outer circumference of the tyre. Caffélatex foaming action causes it to fill the tyre’s entire internal cavity , making it much more effective against sidewall punctures.
Its fast sealing action makes Caffélatex ideal for MTB and road tubeless, tubular and standard tyres. Caffélatex repairs punctures up to 5 mm (mtb) and 3 mm (road).
Thanks to its formula, Caffélatex is a very stable and durable sealant, but we know this is highly dependable on kind of application and external conditions.
- Tubular (or Caffélatex inserted into latex/butyl inner tube): 1-2 years
- UST Tubeless tyre: 4-6 months
- Tubeless-ready tyre: 2-4 months
- Tube-type tyre: 2-3 months
- Nevertheless, in the impossibility of knowing our customers’ specific application (kind of wheel/tyre set-up, tyre sidewall thickness and porosities, external temperature and humidity, bicycle storage conditions…), we recommend checking Caffélatex every 2 months, to make sure it’s liquid and therefore retains its ‘puncture preventive’ action.
- When dry, Caffélatex-sealed wheels are still air-tight, but Caffélatex won’t actively repair punctures.
30 to 50 ml per wheel for road/cyclocross applications; 50 ml for mtb tyres up to 26×2.10/29×2.00; 60 to 100 ml for mtb tyres over 26×2.10/29×2.00.
There are currently no customer reviews
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE in the UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund or exchange on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.