Total black! A new look, a new technology, a new way of living the road.
With the “Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation” treated surface the aluminum core changes its soul.
- RDB - Rim Dynamic Balance
- USB - Ceramic Ultra Smooth Bearings
- F.I.C Fulcrum Identification Card - 100% Handmade Quality
- Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation
- Rim Material Details: Aluminium (6082, T6 Pre-Aging), Triple Milling, Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation treatment, square Milling
- Rim Height: Front - 27mm, Rear - 30mm
- Rim Width: 22.5 ETRTO 17c
- Tyre Width (Suggested): From 25mm to 32mm
- Braking Surface/Braking Options: Aluminium braking surface, Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation treatment, milled
- Front Axle Compatibility: QR
- Rear Axle Compatibility: QR
- Rear Wheel Spokes: 21 (Left 7 - Right 14) Two to one
- Spokes Material: Aluminium
- Spokes Profile Technology: Aero, Straight Pull
- Front Hub: Carbon, Aluminium flanges
- Rear Hub: Aluminium, Aluminium flanges
- Bearings: USB ceramic bearings. Adjustable Cup & Conesbearing system
- Others: Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminium Axle.
Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation Treatment:
- A completely new technology combines a very engaging total black look with high range specs, including a special braking surface that creates new standards for braking on aluminum road bike wheels.
- The Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation process gives the braking surface very special characteristics regarding hardness and wear resistance.
- This is possible thanks to a very fine and compact matrix of alpha and microcrystalline gamma alumina and amorphous alumina embedded on the surface. Thanks to the high hardness of the layer, this new wheel presents excellent wear resistance.
- Fulcrum R&D department has developed a new design for Racing Zero Nite’s braking surface. The design created by turning allows superior braking efficiency. Specific blue brake pads should be used with this new model.
- Triple Milling: this special triple milling makes it possible to reduce the peripheral weight of these road bike rims and to increase the reactivity of the wheels.
- Differentiated rim height: 26mm at the front to have a good handling; 30mm at the rear to transfer all the power to the wheel.
- Oversize aluminum flange and Two-to-One™ technology: the doubling of the spokes on the cassette side provides greater torsional stiffness and therefore a greater reactivity at each pedal stroke. This means greater efficiency in the transmission of power to these type of road bike wheels.
- The front hub has been redesigned, now it is smaller and lighter than before, smoothness will be ensured by the well known USB™ bearing technology.
- The cap and cone technology maintains the most efficient angle of contact between the bearings and bearing seat, increasing the smoothness and durability.
Spokes and Nipples:
- Aluminum spokes and aluminum nipples: thanks to the light weight they reduce the peripheral mass, enemy of reactivity.