Garmin Varia Headlight
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Front lights See the latest products
New in Front lights
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information One of the new Varia line of smart cycling devices from Garmin. Smart bike light system that adjusts... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
One of the new Varia line of smart cycling devices from Garmin. Smart bike light system that adjusts to changing environmental conditions. Works independently or wirelessly connects with compatible Garmin Edge cycling computers (see list). As rider’s speed increases, the headlight automatically projects further ahead and vice versa as a rider’s speed decreases when paired with Edge computer
As light conditions change, the smart Varia headlight and tail light automatically get brighter or dimmer when paired with a light sensing Edge computer. Adjustments including on/off can be made manually with the use of a remote that’s included in the bundle
- AUTOMATIC BEAM MODE - Based on speed information from an Edge, the headlight beam will be placed where the rider needs it the most; in the far field at high speeds and in the near field at lower speeds
- When deceleration is detected, the tail light will change its brightness to alert traffic behind that a cyclist is near and slowing
- FOCUSED LIGHT - Varia lights focus the light where you need it - on the road ahead; the headlight beam also has a high-beam cut off to avoid blinding oncoming traffic while still giving 100 lux at 10 meters
- AUTOMATIC LIGHT INTENSITY CONTROL - The brightness intensity of both the headlight and the tail light may be controlled when paired with an Edge unit that has light sensing capabilities
- By installing a secondary taillight a rider can add a turn signal function
Varia Headlight Spec:
- Dimensions:1.9” x 3.6” x 1.6” (4.8 x 9.2 x 4.0 cm)
- Weight: 7.8 oz (222.0 g)
- Modes: High beam, low beam, auto beam
- Lux (headlight use only): 95 Lux at 10 meters
- Lumens: 600
- Battery life (high power mode): 2.5 hours
- Charge time: 6 hours
- ANT+: Yes
- Water rating: IPX7
In The Box
- Headlight Only
- Varia headlight (HL 500)
- Universal out-front mount
- microUSB™ cable
Your Lights Need To Be Smarter, Not Brighter
- Works independently and seamlessly integrates with compatible Edge® cycling computers¹
- As rider’s speed increases, the headlight automatically projects further ahead or closer as a rider’s speed decreases when paired with select Edge computers
- As light conditions change, the smart Varia headlights and rear light automatically get brighter or dimmer, when paired with a light-sensing Edge 1000
- Adjustments, including on/off, can be made manually with the use of an included remote
- With 2 rear lights you can indicate impending right or left turns
Varia smart bike lights from Garmin help to create safer riding by adjusting to changing light conditions as well as bike speed when paired with select Edge computers¹. As speed increases, the headlight automatically projects light further ahead to where it’s needed most. As ambient light fades or gets brighter, both the headlight and rear light adjust automatically when paired with a light-sensing Edge 1000 bike computer. Beam cutoff prevents headlight from blinding oncoming drivers.
Whoever You Are, Wherever You Ride, Day Or Night
Whether you are training, commuting or just out for a pleasant evening ride with the family, Varia bike lights can adjust for speed and light conditions to put the light where you need it the most. Manual on/off controls allow you to use the lights for daylight rides as well.
Varia Radar Alerts You To Traffic Approaching From Behind
The Varia line of cycling awareness products also includes rearview radar that can alert you — through compatible Edge bike computers¹ or a head unit — when traffic behind you is getting close. The radar picks up cars or trucks at 150 yards (140 meters) and can track multiple targets as they approach. The rear light also warns approaching vehicles to a cyclist ahead.Varia Headlight user manual