Mavic Cosmic Ultimate Tubular Wheels
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The best combination of light, stiff and aero, proven in the UCI World Tour by the world’s top roa... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The best combination of light, stiff and aero, proven in the UCI World Tour by the world’s top road cyclists. These are the Formula One of road racing wheels.
Unbeatable pro-level ride quality and stability.
- 40mm deep and 25mm wide rims integrate perfectly with 25mm or wider tires NACA profile provide unbeatable crosswind stability
- Rims, spokes and hubs feature a full carbon monobloc construction. for minimum weight and maximum rigidity. Incredibly light at only 1250g.
- R2R full carbon spoke technology No spoke drilling, ensuring maximum rigidity and strength Asymmetrical rear rim profile for maxium power transfer
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Height: 40 mm
- Drilling: no holes, spokes molded to the rim
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Material: unidirectional carbon fiber
- Shape: R2R
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Lacing: crossed 2 front and rear drive side, radial non drive side
- Front hub body: Carbon
- Rear body: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Color: Black only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- FTS-L Shimano / Sram freewheel body (30871101 - Delivered on the wheel)
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- BR601 Titanium quick releases
- Carbon brake pads
- Multifonction adjustment wrench
- User guide
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre sizes: 23 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars - 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- brake type: carbon
- brake type: rim
- field: rolling
- rim profile: medium
- rim: carbon
- tubeless: no
- tyre type: tubular
- weight: <1300g
Ultimate is not just a name, it’s the word we reserve for perfection. And it’s how we define this wheelset. The Cosmic Ultimate was introduced 10 years ago and quickly became the wheel choice for pro racers seeking a competitive advantage. With a NACA-inspired 40mm deep, 25mm wide full-carbon tubular rim profile, 20 super-bladed spokes, and high, thin carbon hub flanges, it offers a clear and proven aero advantage. It’s also ultra-stiff thanks to the unidirectional carbon fiber spokes that don’t stretch. These spokes run continuously from one edge of the rim to the other through the hubs (R2R technology) creating one single spoke instead of two. This eliminates the need to mechanically attach the spokes to the hub. The rear rim is asymmetrical to improve the drive-side bracing angle, so spoke tension is balanced and the wheel stays stiff under the heaviest lateral loads such as sprints or attacks. The rim is made of 12k carbon fibers wrapped over a super rigid foam core. Full-carbon construction means the whole wheel is incredibly light at just 1250g. Our unique iTgMax technology delivers reliable and consistent braking performance in both wet and dry conditions. It’s no surprise the Cosmic Ultimate is pro’s choice for the most challenging World Tour races.
- Weight Front 555
- Weight Pair 1250
- Weight Rear 695
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.