SiS Rego Protein Energy Bar - 55 g x Box of 20
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Energy bars See the latest products
New in Energy bars
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information High protein formula to promote training, adaptation and recovery:Each bar contains 20 grams of easi... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
High protein formula to promote training, adaptation and recovery:
- Each bar contains 20 grams of easily digestible protein
- A high quality blend of whey, casein and soy protein
- Promotes the rebuild of muscle following exercise
- Store in a cool dry place
- Contains Milk, Soya, Gluten, (SIS755A Peanuts)
About SiS Protein Bar
SiS Protein Bars contain a blend of easily digestible proteins (20 grams of protein per bar) in the form of whey, casein and soy protein. Sports scientists are increasingly recognising the importance of consuming protein in close proximity to training sessions (i.e. before or after training) in order to maximize how our muscles adapt to training. The importance of protein is also often overlooked by endurance athletes and for this reason SiS Protein Bars give an appropriate quantity of high quality protein for before or immediately post exercise.
Benefits of the SiS Protein Bar
Adapting to the demands of endurance training is facilitated by increased muscle protein synthesis whereby new proteins (such as enzymes involved in energy production and proteins which give muscle structure) are made in our muscles during the hours and days after each training session. As such, the muscle becomes reconditioned so that it can better withstand the physical demands that are placed upon it during the next training session. For optimal protein synthesis to occur, it is crucial that we consume high quality protein given that protein contains the building blocks (known as amino acids) to make new proteins. For this reason, SiS Protein Bars contain a blend of easily digestible proteins in the form of whey, casein and soy protein. This blend of high quality proteins acts as a trigger to stimulate the process of protein synthesis.
Consume one bar within 30-60 minutes before exercise and/or immediately post-exercise. SiS REGO Protein bars can also be used throughout the day between meals (such as mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks) to provide a convenient way to increase daily protein intake.
Typical values per 55g bar
- Energy: 939kj/223kcal
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- of which sugars: 18g
- Fat: 6.4g
- of which saturates: 3.3g
- Fibre: 0.4g
- Sodium: 0.1g
- Contains Peanuts, Gluten, Soya and Milk
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.