Specialized Diverge E5 Comp 2019 - Gravel Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Gravel bikes See the latest products
New in Gravel bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Specialized Diverge is the perfect versatile and adaptable road bike. From commuting and leisure... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Specialized Diverge is the perfect versatile and adaptable road bike. From commuting and leisure rides to more ambitious plans off the beaten track. the Diverge can cruise to work or take you on multi-day bikepacking adventures. Light enough for sportives yet strong enough to load up with bags using the rack and mudguard mounts. This bike features the Future Shock suspension under the stem, giving 20mm of travel to take the sting out of any bumps without effecting corning and handling ability. Wide tyres and solid component choice only solidify this bikes ambition and adaptability.
- E5 Premium aluminium frame
- FACT Carbon fork gives precision steering
- Future shock gives 20mm of progressive travel to soak up bumps
- Shimano 2x11 105 drivetrain provides reliable shifting
- Clearance for 38c tyres for comfort on and off the road
- Endurance geometry for comfort at speed
- Sizes: 48, 52, 54, 56, 58, 51, 64cm
- Colours: Satin Battleship/Hyper
- The Specialized Diverge E5 Comp is available with 0% APR finance
Narrowing down a bike that can do it all used to be tough going. Sure, some work well as a road bike and a 'cross bike, while others are good at commuting and some short road riding, but until the Diverge, nothing out there was astute at every kind of riding subject. The Diverge E5 Comp, however, is made for exploring new roads, commuting to class, and everything in between. It redefines what a road bike can do, so ride wherever you want—this bike doesn't take "no" for an answer.
The Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, we took your number one request into account—tyre clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x38mm tyres with plenty of room for mud, too. Along with tyre clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, we developed an E5 Premium aluminium frame that’s plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniable tough.
Next up, we moved away from a traditional ‘cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn’t been seen before—our Open Road Geometry. You can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimetre lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
And while riding gravel and dirt roads on a road bike may add to the adventure, there’s only so much that wider tyres with lower pressures can absorb, in terms of bumps. With this in mind, we implemented a new version of our Future Shock into the Diverge design. It not only soaks up bumps with ease, but also adds the benefit of extremely predictable handling. That's because the wheelbase isn’t lengthening when you hit a bump, so the front end of the Diverge keeps the same effective head tube angle. In other words, when you dive hard into a turn, you won’t be surprised by under-steer or sloppy handling. Unlike the original Future Shock (found on the Roubaix), the Diverge's version features a progressive spring that makes this technology more suitable for off-road applications, where stiffer suspension is often needed to soak-up larger bumps and obstacles.
Adding to its multifaceted talents, we topped it off with three water bottle mounts, plus mounts for racks and fenders. For the spec, we wanted to make sure that it shifted crisply and braked smoothly mile after mile, so you'll find a crisp and reliable Shimano 105 groupset, hassle-free Tektro Spyre mechanical disc brakes, and an Axis Sport Disc wheelset.
- Our Premium E5 aluminium frameset features our comfortable and confident Open Road Geometry, Future Shock Progressive suspension with 20mm of travel, and front/rear thru-axles, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling and a light overall weight.
With Shimano 105 taking the reins on shifting, you'll experience crisp shifts for years to come.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- UK price match
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Future Shock Progressive suspension, 20mm of travel, threaded bottom bracket 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork:||Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle|
|Stem:||Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Bars:||Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Front Brake:||Tektro Spyre Mechanical disc Brake, 160mm|
|Rear Brake:||Tektro Spyre Mechanical disc Brake, 160mm|
|Front Mech:||Shimano 105|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano 105 R7000, long cage, 11-speed|
|Shifters:||Shimano 105 R7000, 11-speed|
|Front Hub:||Axis Sport Disc|
|Rear Hub:||Axis Sport Disc|
|Front Tyre:||Espoir Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm|
|Rear Tyre:||Espoir Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm|
|Seat Post:||Alloy, 2-bolt clamp|
|Saddle:||Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm|
|Chainset:||Praxis Alba M30 48/32T|
|Bottom Bracket:||Praxis, external bearings, threaded, 68mm|
|Chain:||KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™|
|Cassette:||Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-34t|
|Pedals:||Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/ reflectors|