Specialized Tarmac SL7 Comp Rival eTap AXS 2022 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The new Tarmac is designed to go fast, there's no if's, and's, or but's about that—but it represents... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
The new Tarmac is designed to go fast, there's no if's, and's, or but's about that—but it represents so much more than just aerodynamic prowess. With a light-weight, Rider-First Engineered™ frame, it delivers the best-possible ride characteristics, no matter the size. So no matter what you have planned for your new Tarmac, its ready to help you achieve your goal —PRs, KOMs, or podium top-steps. One bike to rule them all.
• "Aero is everything”—we’ve been preaching it for years and it’s still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In our quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, we took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, we turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac Comp that’s faster than before—33 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
• While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac’s development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
• Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world’s best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac’s legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
• Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. We’ve improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It’s a win-win.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Tarmac SL7 FACT 10r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork:||FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Stem:||Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree|
|Bars:||Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Front Brake:||SRAM Rival, hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake:||SRAM Rival, hydraulic disc|
|Front Mech:||SRAM Rival eTAP AXS, braze-on|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM Rival eTAP AXS, 12-speed|
|Shifters:||SRAM Rival eTap AXS|
|Rims:||DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h|
|Front Hub:||Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc,|
|Rear Hub:||Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, alloy freehub body|
|Spokes:||DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel|
|Front Tyre:||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Rear Tyre:||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Seat Post:||2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, 20mm offset|
|Saddle:||Body Geometry Power Comp|
|Chainset:||SRAM Rival 48/35T|
|Bottom Bracket:||SRAM DUB BSA 69|
|Chain:||SRAM Rival, 12-speed|
|Cassette:||SRAM Rival, 12-speed, 10-36t|