Surly Instigator 2.0 MTB Frameset 2015
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in MTB Frame See the latest products
New in MTB Frame
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Some may remember a Surly model we discontinued called the Instigator. The Instigator was a burly ha... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Product DescriptionSome may remember a Surly model we discontinued called the Instigator. The Instigator was a burly hardtail made for going fast and going big. Our new Instigator picks up where that one left off. This thing is beefy and tough, yet quick-handling and well balanced.
This new Instigator differs from the old one of course. Most notably, Instigator 2.0 is what we call 26+, designed to run 26" (559mm ETRTO) Rabbit Hole rims. At 50mm they're quite a bit wider than standard MTB rims, and coupled with our 2.75" Dirt Wizard tires the overall diameter is about 27.5" (roughly 650b). All this means you get loads of traction and cushion yet you can still accelerate like mad. The toptube is long and the wheelbase relatively short, with a nice front/rear balance.
This thing is made from the ground up to swoop, rail, hammer, drift, carve and fly. It goes downhill like nobody's business and climbs well too. Instigator 2.0 employs a 44mm headtube, which paired with a tapered steerertube will give a stiff front end and compatibility with lots of suspension forks. The rear end uses our new Modular Dropout System, allowing you to change up your drivetrain according to needs. Frames ship with MDS dropouts in rear-loading horizontal singlespeed, standard vertical with derailleur hanger and a 142 x 12mm thru-axle versions. Pick your poison.
- Tubing: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. ED coated. Double-butted main triangle. TIG-welded
- Rear Dropouts: Our Modular Dropout System gives you the option of 12mm thru axle (shimano direct mount), 9mm QR geared, or singlespeed
- Brake Compatibility: Disc only
- Braze-ons/extras: None
- Seatpost diameter: 30.9mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 33.1mm
- Headset/Steertube: 44.0mm ID headtube, taper steerer compatible, EC44 lower
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 34.9mm (high direct mount)
- Bottom bracket shell: 73mm BB Shell, ISCG05 mount
- Chainring Clearance: Triple 22/34/44t, Double 26/39t, max single ring clearance, middle position, 34t. Outer position 44t. (Triple will not work with Surly 50mm rim and 29 x 3" tire, for doubles, run a Surly O.D. Crankset for best tire clearance)
- Tire Clearance: 26 x 3.0"
- Fork: 27.5 suspension fork (140mm travel)
- Colour: SolidGold Gold