Thule 973 Backpac - Vans and Jeeps
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Boot racks See the latest products
New in Boot racks
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Thule 973 BackPac is a boot-mounted bike carrier that is specifically designed for vans, 4x4s, M... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Thule 973 BackPac is a boot-mounted bike carrier that is specifically designed for vans, 4x4s, MPVs and estates. The Backpac is a two-bike carrier in standard form, but you can expand it to hold one or two more bikes with adapters available as an optional extra.
The BackPac raises the bikes up high, which means the number plate and rear lights are unobstructed when it is in use. Rubber coated parts are designed to protect the paintwork on your vehicle, and the bikes are also clamped separately from each other to avoid scratches.Thule Car Rack Compatibility
- The Thule 973 Backpac is specially designed for vans and estates
- Transports 2-bikes as standard but with use of adapters can carry up to 3 or 4 depending on your vehicle
- Bikes are transported high enough to avoid obscuring lights and registration plate
- An additional vehicle-specific static mounting system (Codes TH97301-TH9719, not included) is required to fit the rack to your vehicle, please see Thule.com for fitting information
- Max number of bikes: 2 (3) (4)
- Load capacity: 60 kg
- Max bike weight: 15 kg
- Dimensions: 141 x 75 x 154 cm
- Folded dimensions: 97 x 45 x 154 cm
- Weight: 15 kg
- Fits frame dimensions: 22-80 mm
- Detachable frame holders: Yes
- Carbon frame compatible: X
- Rear lights and number plate visible with bikes mounted: Yes
- One Key System compatible: Yes
- Lockable bike-to-rack: Yes
- Lockable rack-to-vehicle: Yes Adapter/s required
If your bike(s) cover your vehicle number plate and lights we recommend you fit a lighting board to comply with road vehicle lighting laws.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.