Thule 973 Backpac - Vans and Jeeps
- ShowProduct Information The Thule 973 BackPac is a boot-mounted bike carrier that is specifically designed for vans, 4x4s, M... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
- Show Car Rack Guide
- Show Finance
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
The Thule 973 BackPac is a boot-mounted bike carrier that is specifically designed for vans, 4x4s, MPVs and estates. The Backpac is a two-bike carrier in standard form, but you can expand it to hold one or two more bikes with adapters available as an optional extra.
The BackPac raises the bikes up high, which means the number plate and rear lights are unobstructed when it is in use. Rubber coated parts are designed to protect the paintwork on your vehicle, and the bikes are also clamped separately from each other to avoid scratches.Thule Car Rack Compatibility
- The Thule 973 Backpac is specially designed for vans and estates
- Transports 2-bikes as standard but with use of adapters can carry up to 3 or 4 depending on your vehicle
- Bikes are transported high enough to avoid obscuring lights and registration plate
- An additional vehicle-specific static mounting system (Codes TH97301-TH9719, not included) is required to fit the rack to your vehicle, please see Thule.com for fitting information
- Max number of bikes: 2 (3) (4)
- Load capacity: 60 kg
- Max bike weight: 15 kg
- Dimensions: 141 x 75 x 154 cm
- Folded dimensions: 97 x 45 x 154 cm
- Weight: 15 kg
- Fits frame dimensions: 22-80 mm
- Detachable frame holders: Yes
- Carbon frame compatible: X
- Rear lights and number plate visible with bikes mounted: Yes
- One Key System compatible: Yes
- Lockable bike-to-rack: Yes
- Lockable rack-to-vehicle: Yes Adapter/s required
If your bike(s) cover your vehicle number plate and lights we recommend you fit a lighting board to comply with road vehicle lighting laws.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
There are currently no customer reviews
Car Rack Guide
How do I apply for finance?
Spend £99 or more at Tredz and you can spread the cost. Pay monthly over 6-48 months, interest free (dependent on repayment terms and amount).
1Fill your basket with everything you want from Tredz and go to the checkout.
2During checkout, select the finance option you want as your method of payment.
3You will be sent to our finance provider's secure server to complete your application.
4Finance providers PayPal & V12 will use the information provided to make a decision and complete checkout if you are approved.Read more about buying on finance
Buy now, pay 12 months later.
Interest free credit with no deposit. Pay nothing for 3 or 6 months on orders over £850, or 12 months on orders over £1,500* *Not available through PayPal Credit
Flexible finance options
Choose your deposit.
Choose your term.
Lowest monthly cost
for 6 months
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE in the UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund or exchange on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.