Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher 77 18 spokes Front Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description With a weight saving of 70g over its disc-brake cousin, the Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher rim-b... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
With a weight saving of 70g over its disc-brake cousin, the Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher rim-brake front wheel is a featherweight climbing wheel like no other.
Zipp’s proprietary Firecrest rim profile revolutionised the aerodynamic wheel market when it was introduced, and is one of the most copied technologies out there. The Firecrest design not only slices through the air at the front of the wheel, it helps maintain the aerodynamic advantage at the back edge of the wheel as well. Firecrest also helps the rim remain more stable during crosswinds, reducing the side-drag and making sure your steering stays confidently settled and consistent.
Zipp’s carbon clincher rim technology has been revolutionary in the high-performance road bike world. Zipp use Formula One technology in their carbon fibre resin to make sure the rims are capable of withstanding incredibly high temperatures. During long descents where the brakes get plenty of use, this technology is invaluable. Zipp designed and built a bespoke testing rig to make sure their carbon clincher wheel rims are permanently among the best in the world.
Evolutionary changes with revolutionary results. The 77/177 hub set is an incredible feat of engineering, where small changes have a big impact. The star-flanged straight-pull hub shell is designed to distribute spoke tension forces evenly, ensuring the bearing bores stay round and smooth. This near-microscopic level of attention to detail is what makes Zipp wheelsets so popular. They’re ultra-reliable, built with incredible precision, and designed for the ultimate performance.
For more information, and to purchase the matching rear wheel, take a look at the Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher rear wheel.
About the 77/177 hub set:
- Redesigned designed quick-release skewers (included) have a wider & more ergonomic handle to give more leverage for opening and closing
- Optimized flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern with Sapim® CX Sprint spokes to optimize torsional and lateral stiffness and robustness
- New robust hub shell
- For those looking for a wider gear range, or tackling especially extreme terrain, a XD driver body for 177 is sold separately and easily installed to allow for more cassette options including a 10-42t
- The hubset is designed to swap driver bodies without the need to re-dish the wheel
- Rim Depth: 32mm
- Brake Track Width (center): 24.62mm
- Max Width: 25.4mm
- Clincher Bead Width: 16.25mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count: 18
- Spoke Pattern: Radial
- Spoke Length: 274mm
- Max Tire Pressure: 125psi (8.62bar)
- Dimpled Surface: Yes
- Nipples: Sapim®
- External Nipples: Yes
- The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher rim-brake front wheel is available with 0% finance