Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Disc Brake V2 77D 24 Spokes Front Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description Aim higher, to just beyond where the finish line lies. The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher disc b... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Aim higher, to just beyond where the finish line lies. The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher disc brake front wheel is super stiff, ultralight and uses Zipp’s advanced aerodynamic designs power you to victory up any ascent.
Zipp’s proprietary Firecrest rim profile revolutionised the aerodynamic wheel market when it was introduced, and is one of the most copied technologies out there. The Firecrest design not only slices through the air at the front of the wheel, it helps maintain the aerodynamic advantage at the back edge of the wheel as well. Firecrest also helps the rim remain more stable during crosswinds, reducing the side-drag and making sure your steering stays confidently settled and consistent.
The 77/177D hubset is an engineering marvel. The disc-brake specific design has been updated with an all-new star-flanged shell. Each arm of the flange houses opposing straight-pull spokes, which have been offset from each other to prevent them interfering with subsequent spokes. The result is a hub which maintains consistent lateral rigidity, and prevents torsional twisting of the bearing seats which massively prolongs their service life.
Zipp use a proprietary carbon fibre resin (developed using materials also used in Formula One racing) to ensure there are absolutely zero heat build-up issues with their carbon clincher rims. Zipp have invested heavily in bespoke high-speed testing facilities to ensure their carbon clincher rims are the lightest, and most durable available.
For more information, and to purchase the matching rear wheel, take a look at the Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Disc rear wheel.
About the 77/177D hubset:
- Bearing preload precision set at the factory – there’s no need to set the preload yourself
- Improved bearing protection and sealing
- Redesigned designed quick-release skewers (included) have a wider & more ergonomic handle to give more leverage for opening and closing
- Proprietary flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern, with Sapim® CX-Ray® spokes, optimizes the torsional and lateral stiffness without increasing weight or robustness
- 17mm axle
- Thru-axle compatible. Comes with thru-axle end caps that can be swapped by hand (Front: 12x100mm & 15x100mm)
- Weight: 705g
- Rim Depth: 32mm
- Brake Track Width (centre): 24.62mm
- Max Width: 25.4mm
- Spoke Count: 24
- Spoke Pattern: 2 cross
- Spoke Length: Drive 284mm | Non-Drive 282mm
- Max Tire Pressure: 125psi (8.62bar)
- Dimpled Rim Surface: Yes
- Nipples: Brass Sapim® Secure Lock
- External Nipples: Yes
- The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher disc brake front wheel is available with 0% finance