Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubular 177 Rear Road Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Conquer the cobbles. With the Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubular rear wheel beneath you, you can chase the p... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Conquer the cobbles. With the Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubular rear wheel beneath you, you can chase the podium over any ground the race throws your way. After all, the Zipp 303 was the first carbon wheelset to take the top step at both the Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix.
If the Viscoelastic Constrained Layer Control rim construction sounds complicated, it’s because it is. In essence, the layers of rigid carbon fibre laminate have a vibration-absorbing material sandwiched between them, reducing road vibration by as much as 10% over a standard carbon construction.
Despite weighing in at an incredibly light 785g, the Zipp 303 Firecrest tubular rear wheel compromises nothing on strength, and delivers an outstanding level of stiffness and responsiveness. Unlike the clincher model, the tubular rim design uses an exclusive Carbon Bridge™ technology, which utilises Kevlar® thread at the rim edge to maximise strength by resisting the shear forces that come from rough-road impacts.
The Firecrest aerodynamic rim profile has been thoroughly honed and perfected in the wind tunnel to do more than just reduce high speed drag. Compared to other rims of similar (and sometimes shallower) depths, the Firecrest shape substantially reduces the effect of crosswinds on your bike, giving you the stability and confidence to keep the hammer down when your competitors have to relent.
The 77/177D hubset on the Zipp 303 carbon clincher tubeless disc wheels are an excellent example of Zipp’s advanced engineering design. The star-flanged straight-pull hub shell evenly distributes spoke tension forces, making sure that the bearing bores stay round and don’t change shape under the stress. This minute attention to detail is just one of the reasons Zipp’s wheelsets have a competitive edge. They’re ultra-reliable, built with incredible precision, and designed for the ultimate performance.
A pure racing tubular wheel with infallible power transfer, silky smooth aerodynamics, and the toughness to survive the worlds harshest road races. The Zipp 303 Firecrest tubular rear wheel achieves the impossible and conquers all.
About the 77/177D hubset:
- Bearing preload precision set at the factory – there’s no need to set the preload yourself
- Improved bearing protection and sealing
- redesigned designed quick-release skewers (included) have a wider & more ergonomic handle to give more leverage for opening and closing
- Proprietary flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern, with Sapim® CX-Ray® spokes, optimizes the torsional and lateral stiffness without increasing weight or robustness
- 17mm axle
- Thru-axle compatible. Comes with thru-axle end caps that can be swapped by hand (12x135mm & 15x142mm)
- Weight: 785g
- Rim Depth: 45mm
- Brake Track Width (centre): 26.45mm
- Max Width: 28.50mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count: 24
- Spoke Length: 270mm Drive | 272mm Non-Drive
- Spoke Pattern: 2 cross
- 11-speed compatible hub: Yes
- XDR Compatible: Yes
- Dimpled Surface: Yes
- Nipples: Sapim®
- External Nipples: Yes
- The Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubular 177 Rear Wheel is available with 0% APR finance