Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher 650c 177 24 spokes 10/11Speed Rear Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Delivering superior aerodynamics, stability and durability for smaller riders. The Zipp 404 Firecres... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Delivering superior aerodynamics, stability and durability for smaller riders. The Zipp 404 Firecrest is a 650c carbon clincher rear wheel that offers pro level performance for tomorrows stars of cycling.
Offering the same performance level as the full size 700c wheels, the 650c 404 features Zipp’s exceptional ride quality. With its 58mm rim depth the 404 rim offers the ideal balance between aero and lightweight for all-round road cycling and racing. The Firecrest™ rim shape offers further improvements to the aerodynamics without taking anything away from Zipp’s legendary ride quality. With a wider rim body, the tyre volume is increased for improved handling and comfort as well as reducing the chances of getting a pinch flat. Extensive wind tunnel testing goes into the design and development of Zipp rims so you can be sure of their aero credentials.
Zipp carbon rims achieve lightweight with strength, durability and an unrivalled ride quality. Uni-directional fibres handle all the tensile and compressive loading within the rim, while woven carbon and silica/ceramic fabric sheets handle all compressive braking forces. Zipp rims are tough too, Carbon Bridge™ technology incorporates a 6 bundle co-axial Kevlar® thread which offers 50% extra impact protection on the edge of the rim.
The Zipp 404s offer exceptional braking performance thanks to the Showstopper™ braking surface. This directional moulded in texture features incredibly tough silicon carbide particles, suspended in the surface resin for a consistent surface roughness that won’t wear-out. With Showstopper™ braking is both consistent and responsive in all weather conditions. The 404 Firecrests are made with heat resistant resin for consistent braking performance on even the very longest descents.
The 177 hub is precision engineered to offer best-in-class durability with improved bearing protection with no pre-load needed. The star-flanged, straight pull design means that the load is moved away from the bearings for accurate bearing bores and smooth rolling bearings regardless of spoke tension. Available for either Campagnolo or SRAM/Shimano drivetrains the 177 hub is also compatible with extra wide range cassettes with the XD driver body (sold separately).
The Zipp 404 Firecrest will give younger riders the performance advantage they need to stand ut from the crowd.
- 404 Firecrest™ rim with 58mm rim depth for all-round performance
- Carbon Bridge™ technology for improved performance under load
- Showstopper™ braking surface for consistent stopping in all conditions
- Zipp 177 hub for best in class performance
- The 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher wheel is available with 0% APR finance
- Weight - 880g
- Hub Used - 177
- Rim Depth - 58mm
- Brake Track Width (centre) - 24.73mm
- Max Width - 26.53mm
- Clincher Bead Width - 16.25mm
- Spokes - Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count – 24
- Spoke Pattern Drive – 2 cross
- Spoke Length Drive - 234mm
- Spoke Pattern Non-Drive – 2 cross
- Spoke Length Non-Drive - 232mm
- Max Tire Pressure - 125psi
- Max Tire Pressure - 8.62 bars
- Track Adaptable - No
- Dimpled Surface - Yes
- Nipples – Sapim Secure Lock
- External Nipples – Yes
- Tubeless compatible - No
Also in the box:
- Newly designed quick-release skewer
- Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Zipp thru-axle end caps
- Zipp rim tape (factory taped)