Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher 650c 77 18 Spokes Front Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Superior aerodynamics, stability and durability for smaller riders. The Zipp 404 Firecrest is a 650c... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Superior aerodynamics, stability and durability for smaller riders. The Zipp 404 Firecrest is a 650c carbon clincher front wheel that offers pro level performance for rising cycling talents.
Offering the same performance level as the full size 700c wheels, the 404 650c features Zipp’s exceptional ride quality. With its 58mm rim depth the 404 rim offers the ideal balance between aero and lightweight for all-round road cycling and racing. The Firecrest™ rim shape offers further improvements to the aerodynamics without taking anything away from Zipp’s legendary ride quality. With a wider rim body the tyre volume is increased for improved handling and comfort as well as reducing the chances of getting a pinch flat. Extensive wind tunnel testing goes into the design and development of Zipp rims so you can be sure of their aero credentials.
Zipp carbon rims achieve lightweight with strength, durability and an unrivalled ride quality. Uni-directional fibres handle all the tensile and compressive loading within the rim, while woven carbon and silica/ceramic fabric sheets handle all compressive braking forces. Zipp rims are tough too, Carbon Bridge™ technology incorporates a 6 bundle co-axial Kevlar® thread which offers 50% extra impact protection on the edge of the rim.
The Zipp 404s offer exceptional braking performance thanks to the Showstopper™ braking surface. This directional moulded in texture features incredibly tough silicon carbide particles, suspended in the surface resin for a consistent surface roughness that won’t wear-out. With Showstopper™ braking is both consistent and responsive in all weather conditions. The 404 Firecrests are made with heat resistant resin for consistent braking performance on even the very longest descents.
The Zipp 77 front hub is precision made and offers best-in-class durability. The bearings require no preloading and are well protected from the elements.
Give your young cycling enthusiast a performance advantage with the Zipp 404 Firecrest.
- 404 Firecrest™ rim with 58mm rim depth for all-round performance
- Carbon Bridge™ technology for improved performance under load
- Showstopper™ braking surface for consistent stopping in all conditions
- Zipp 77 hub for best in class performance
- The 404 Firecrest Carbon Clincher wheel is available with 0% APR finance
- Weight - 715g
- Hub Used - 77
- Rim Depth - 58mm
- Brake Track Width (centre) - 24.73mm
- Max Width - 26.53mm
- Clincher Bead Width - 16.25mm
- Spokes - Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count - 18
- Spoke Pattern - Radial
- Spoke Length Drive - 222mm
- Max Tire Pressure - 125psi
- Max Tire Pressure - 8.62 bars
- 11-speed compatible hub - Yes
- Track Adaptable - No
- Dimpled Surface - Yes
- Nipples – Sapim Secure Lock
- External Nipples – Yes
- Tubeless compatible - No
Also in the box:
- Newly designed quick-release skewer
- Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Zipp thru-axle end caps
- Zipp rim tape (factory taped)