Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubular 177 24 Spokes Rear Road Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubular 177 front road wheel offers the ideal balance between aero and weight... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubular 177 front road wheel offers the ideal balance between aero and weight. If you could only have one race wheel the Zipp 404 Firecrest is the obvious choice.
Firecrest Rim Profile
With a 58mm rim depth, the 404 rim offers aero performance without a weight penalty. Perfect for all-around road cycling and racing.
The Firecrest rim shape improves aerodynamics without reducing Zipp's legendary ride quality.
With a wider rim body, the tyre volume increases for improved handling and comfort. It also reduces the chances of getting a pinch flat. Extensive wind tunnel testing means you can be sure of the aero credentials of these road wheels.
Zipp carbon rims achieve lightweight with strength, durability and an unrivalled ride quality.
Uni-directional fibres handle all the tensile and compressive loading within the rim. Woven carbon and silica/ceramic fabric sheets handle all compressive braking forces.
Zipp rims are tough too, Carbon Bridge technology incorporates a 6 bundle co-axial Kevlar thread offering 50% extra impact protection on the edge of the rim.
Showstopper Braking Surface
The Zipp 404s offer exceptional braking performance thanks to the Showstopper braking surface. This directional moulded in texture features tough silicon carbide particles, suspended in the surface resin for a consistent surface roughness that won’t wear-out.
With Showstopper, braking is both consistent and responsive in all weather conditions. The 404 Firecrest uses heat-resistant resin for consistent braking on the longest descents.
177 Front Hub
The Zipp 77 front hub is precision made and offers best-in-class durability. The bearings need no preloading and are well protected from the elements.
New QR Skewer
Each Zipp 404 wheel is supplied with a newly designed quick-release skewer. This skewer has a wider, more ergonomic handle that contours neatly with the frame when closed.
The Zipp 404 Firecrest is the one wheel to rule them all.
- 404 Firecrest™ rim with 58mm rim depth for all-round performance
- Carbon Bridge™ technology for improved performance under load
- Showstopper™ braking surface for consistent stopping in all conditions
- Zipp 177 hub for best in class performance
- White or black hub decals to match your bike
- The 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubular wheel is available with 0% APR finance
- Weight - 665g
- Hub Used - 177
- Rim Depth - 58mm
- Brake Track Width (center) - 25.34mm
- Max Width - 26.53mm
- Spokes - Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count - 18
- Spoke Pattern - Radial
- Spoke Length - 248mm
- Max Tire Pressure - 125psi
- Max Tire Pressure - 8.62bars
- Track Adaptable - No
- Dimpled Surface - Yes
- Nipples - Sapim
- External Nipples – Yes
Also in the Box:
- Zipp Tangente titanium black skewer
- Zipp valve extender by Silca
- Zipp individual wheel bag
- Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Zipp Tangente tube 700c x 20-28mm
- Zipp rim tape 700c x 20mm
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.