Zipp 404 NSW Carbon 18 Spokes Clincher Front Road Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information When only the very best is good enough. The Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Clincher is a front wheel that deliv... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
When only the very best is good enough. The Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Clincher is a front wheel that delivers exceptional aero performance, combined with frictionless rolling and a light weight, helping you to ride faster everywhere.
The 404 NSW offers enhanced cross wind stability thanks to the Sawtooth dimple design. The 12 nodes are optimized to start aero sheering of 50hz at 20mph which has the effect of decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the shielded side of the rim which reduces yaw and drag. The upshot of this is that keeping on track in a cross wind will require a lot less effort with Zipp 404 NSW. Extensive wind tunnel testing goes into the design and development of Zipp rims so you can be sure of their aero credentials.
Zipp carbon rims achieve a light weight with strength, durability and an unrivalled ride quality. Uni-directional fibres handle all the tensile and compressive loading within the rim, while woven carbon and silica/ceramic fabric sheets handle all compressive braking forces. Zipp rims are tough too, Carbon Bridge™ technology incorporates a 6 bundle co-axial Kevlar® thread which offers 50% extra impact protection on the edge of the rim.
The Zipp 404s offer exceptional braking performance thanks to the Showstopper™ braking surface. This directional moulded in texture features incredibly tough silicon carbide particles, suspended in the surface resin for a consistent surface roughness that won’t wear-out. With Showstopper™ braking is both consistent and responsive in all weather conditions. The 404s are made with heat resistant resin for consistent braking performance on even the very longest descents.
As well as offering improved lateral stiffness, the Cognition™ front hub features a unique scalloped edge hubshell design, which maintains the bearing bore diameter to a much higher degree than regular hubs. This means that the hub bearings will stay quietly in place, roll faster and last longer with no need to preload them.
Each Zipp 404 wheel is supplied with a newly designed quick-release skewer, with a wider more ergonomic handle that contours neatly with the frame when closed, Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads, integrated valve extender and valve-core spanner.
Improve your performance with the Zipp 404 NSW carbon wheel.
- 404 NSW rim with 58mm rim depth for all-round performance
- Sawtooth dimple design for improved performance in cross winds
- Carbon Bridge™ technology for improved performance under load
- Showstopper™ braking surface for consistent stopping in all conditions
- Cognition hub for improved stiffness and rolling
- The 404 NSW Carbon Clincher wheel is available with 0% APR finance
- Weight - 755g
- Hub Used - Cognition
- Rim Depth - 58mm
- Brake Track Width (centre) - 24.73mm
- Max Width - 26.53mm
- Clincher Bead Width - 16.25mm
- Spokes - Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count - 18
- Spoke Pattern - Radial
- Brake Track Width (centre) - 24.73mm
- Spoke Length - 248mm
- Max Tire Pressure - 125psi
- Max Tire Pressure - 8.62bars
- Track Adaptable - No
- Dimpled Surface - ABLC™ SawTooth™ Technology
- Nipples - Sapim
- External Nipples – Yes
Also in the box:
- Zipp Tangente titanium black skewer
- Zipp valve extender by Silca
- Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Zipp Tangente tube 700c x 20-28mm
- Zipp rim tape 700c x 20mm
- Weight : 705g
- Rim Used : X58NSW
- Hub Used : Cognition
- Rim Depth : 58mm
- Brake Track Width (center) : 26.4mm
- Max Width : 27.8mm
- Internal Width : 17.25mm
- Spokes : Sapim® CX-Ray
- Spoke Count : 18
- Spoke Pattern : Radial
- Spoke Length : 246mm
- Max Tire Pressure : 125psi
- Max Tire Pressure : 8.62bars
- Track Adaptable : No
- Dimpled Surface : ABLC™ SawTooth™ Technology
- Nipples : Sapim® secure-lock
- External Nipples : Yes