There’s nothing middle of the road about the 808 Firecrest. At 82mm deep, it’s all out aero. Simply put, this is our fastest Firerest disc-brake wheelset. Thanks to refinements to Zipp’s revolutionary Firecrest rim shape to be tubeless compatible and optimized for wider tires, the 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Tubeless Disc brake is ideal for the new era of disc brake road riding and racing.
Considering Road Tubeless? Start Here
Without the constraints of rim brake caliper compatibility or brake-track requirements, the Firecrest Carbon Clincher Tubeless Disc-brake wheels offer the increased stopping power and modulation of disc brakes and a whole lot more.
To maximize the aero performance of the wheels, Zipp’s ABLC™ dimples extend all the way to the outer edge of the disc-specific rims. The new wheels are also optimized for wider tires to meet the performance needs of modern riders in search of low rolling resistance and aero efficiency with high comfort. In developing these wheelsets, Zipp engineers examined three different external rim shape concepts, and within each of those shapes, four separate internal widths before selecting the most efficient design. The deeper Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake has an internal width of 19mm and are aerodynamically optimized for 25mm wide tires. The new designs improve Firecrest’s ability to yield low aerodynamic drag and high crosswind stability, a combination we call AeroBalance™.
Designed to be tubeless compatible, the wheels feature a rim bed made with internal ridges to lock the tire’s bead in place, ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures.
The 808 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake builds on the legacy of the 808 as the perfect choice for flat to rolling road rides, races, time trials and triathlon. Pair an 808 Firecrest Disc-brake rear wheel with a 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake front… Or rock dual 808s for max aero efficiency. How you slow down plays an important role in how fast you go. Efficient speed adjustments on technical sections of road are crucial to conserving energy and maintaining speed. Disc-brakes gained prominence in mountain biking and then cyclocross and now are being embraced for road riding and racing. It’s no wonder. The consistency and power of disc brakes provides precision modulation and stopping power, literally at your fingertips.
A new carbon fiber layup for the Indianapolis-made rims keeps weight low while maintaining the Firecrest Carbon Clincher’s proven durability. The robust 77D/177D hubset, paired with 24 Sapim® CX-Sprint spokes front and rear, keeps the wheels stiff and responsive. To ensure compatibility with any bike, our versatile 77D/177D hubs come with swappable end caps to work with QR’s and thru-axles, including 12x100mm and 15x100mm front thru-axles as well as 12x142mm rear thru-axles. The 177D rear hub is also XDR driver body compatible for use with SRAM 10-42 cassettes.
- Firecrest rim Technology provides world class handling and stability
- 77/177d hubset, with its best-in-class durability and improved bearing protection, all with no pre-load adjustment needed
- Aero performance, durable and Light Weight
- To ensure compatibility with any bike, our versatile 77/177D hubs come with swappable end caps to work with QR’s and thru-axles
- Tubeless ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures.
- ISO 4210 compliant. See Declaration of Conformity for details.
- Size (wheels): 700c
- Rim construction: Carbon
- Tire compatibility: Clincher Tubeless Ready
- Brake compatibility: Disc (6-bolt)
- Rim - inside width: 19mm
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Colour (Decal): Black, White
- Nipple material: Aluminium
- Spoke type: CX-Ray - Black
- Spoke count: 24
- Spoke pattern: 2 Cross
- Axle type (Wheels): Conversion Caps included
- Bearings: Cartridge - Carbon Steel
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.