Boardman SLR 8.6 2021 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Boardman SLR 8.6 is an entry-level road bike – but that’s not to say that it’s a basic machine. ... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
The Boardman SLR 8.6 is an entry-level road bike – but that’s not to say that it’s a basic machine. With a hidden weld aluminium frame, a full carbon fork, and Shimano’s slick-shifting Claris gears, this is a bike which delivers market-leading performance without breaking the bank.
- High quality, lightweight alloy frame
- Carbon fork for a smooth ride
- Shimano Claris 2x8 speed drivetrain
- Comfortable and efficient contact points
- Colour: Blue
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- The Boardman SLR 8.6 is available with 0% APR finance
The 6061 alloy frame is triple-butted which ensures a stiff and efficient ride without adding weight. With dropped seat stays and the carbon fork, there’s still plenty of comfort on offer too. Complementing the light-weight frame and fork, a compact 50-34 tooth chainset and 11-32 tooth cassette give an easy bottom gear for climbing, and the high-quality Vittoria Zaffiro tyres balance grip, rolling resistance and puncture protection when heading down the other side.
Deep drop Tektro brakes allow clearance for up to 28mm* tyres, and mudguard and pannier rack mounts add practicality and year-round usability.
Working with Chris Boardman, data from hundreds of bike fits and insight from bike fit experts, we have made simple changes to the contact points of the SLR range. Using advanced pressure mapping and real-world testing we’ve shown that the Boardman SLR saddle will provide long-ride comfort for the majority of people. Bar width and crank length are also reduced vs previous bikes to make sure they are suited to the fit needs of real cyclists, not just based on old traditions. These changes also reduce the rider’s frontal area, which has been wind tunnel tested to reduce drag, meaning less effort required for the same speed.
- Lightweight Triple-Butted Aluminium frame and full carbon fork offer a fast but comfortable ride
- Shimano Claris 8 speed shifters and derailleurs give reliable and smooth gear changes
- A compact 50/34 chainset and 11-32 cassette gives a wide spread of gears for climbing and descending
- Vittoria Zaffiro tyres deliver great puncture protection, grip and low rolling resistance Boardman SLR Wheels are tubeless-ready, so can be easily upgraded to run without tubes
- Mudguard and pannier rack mounts offer an extra dose of year-round practicality.
- *tyre clearance is 25mm with mudguards fitted.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Triple Butted 6061 X7 Aluminium with hidden welds|
|Headset:||FSA no.10, 1 1/8”, Semi Integrated|
|Stem:||Boardman Alloy, 31.8mm clamp|
|Bars:||Boardman Alloy, 31.8mm clamp, 75mm reach, 120mm drop|
|Front Brake:||Tektro R315, long arm|
|Rear Brake:||Tektro R315, long arm|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Claris, double, 31.8mm clamp|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Claris, 8 speed, short cage|
|Shifters:||Shimano Claris 2x8|
|Rims:||Boardman SLR Tubeless Ready - 28h|
|Front Hub:||Formula RB-31|
|Rear Hub:||Formula RB-30|
|Front Tyre:||Vittoria Zaffiro, 700c x 25mm|
|Rear Tyre:||Vittoria Zaffiro, 700c x 25mm|
|Seat Post:||Boardman Alloy, 27.2mm|
|Chainset:||FSA Tempo Compact, 50-34|
|Bottom Bracket:||Square Taper 68x118mm|
|Cassette:||Shimano HG50, 8 speed, 11-32|
|Pedals:||Toe strap road, 9/16”|