The handmade carbon composite monocoque construction of the Vaypor XC is designed for performance. Combined with Bont's anatomical and biomechanical features, industry leading strength to weight ratio, low stack height and proprietary resin allowing for a fully customizable fit, the Vaypor XC is the ideal cross country and cycle cross shoe. Wide and Narrow fitting shoes are special order only.
Medial Longitudinal Arch Support :
- Grip Plate : Sole has been designed to maximize grip and minimize retention of dirt & mud. Grip components are replaceable with spike mounts located in toe section.
- Buckle : Low profile, micro adjustable buckles have been fitted. Buckles and ladders are fully replaceable, with 3 lengths of ladders available to ensure proper fit.
- Bumpers : Bumpers fitted in key area to protect foot.
- Memory foam : Vaypor XC is fitted with high density memory foam with dry cell technology to ensure mimimum water retention in wet conditions.
Anatomical Forefoot Shape :
- Structural medial longitudinal arch support is gived in all models to stop over pronation of feet.
- Over pronation is one of the main contributors to incorrect tracking of knees during a cyclists pedaling phase due to internal rotation of tibia and femur. This can result in knee injuries.
- In addition, the rotation of tibia/femur can cause the pelvis to tilt resulting in lower back strain.
Anatomical Heel Cup :
- Conventional cycling shoes offer a “dress shoe” type shaping. Although highly aesthetic this will cause the toes along with the metatarsals to be overly constricted, compressing the nerves between the metatarsals which often results in the common "hot foot" sensation.
- Bont cycling shoes anatomical shaping allows the foot to function in its most efficient and anatomically correct position. The foot is supported in its endeavour to relax through the metatarsal joints allowing the pedalling force to be spread across the greatest possible surface area.
Lateral Forefoot Support :
- The anatomical heel cup shaping of Bont cycling shoes gives increased stability during the pull through stage of pedaling stroke and up stroke. This stabilization is achieved without any mechanical operation or over tightening of straps/laces allowing for increased comfort and blood circulation.
- Bont’s lateral forefoot support ensures neutral positioning of the forefoot and alleviates common issues associated with over pronation and supination. These issues often result in incorrect tracking of knees causing injuries along with hip and lower back pain.
- Model : Vaypor XC
- Materials : Carbon Composite chassis with Shiny Microfiber Upper & Suede L Liner
- Stack Height : 4.4mm
- Air Vents : Frontal area air vents
- Innersole : EVA thermo-moldable
- Sole Guards : Replaceable
- Padding : Memory Foam
- Cleat Mounting : MM grid plus grip
- SPD : compatible
- Fit Customization : Fully Heat Moldable Chassis utilizing Epoxy Thermoset Resin
- Closing Options : Z form Velcro Straps + Buckle (Replaceable)
- Weight : 340 grams
- Sizing Options : Stock, Wide & Narrow Fit