For Campagnolo, the Shamal family has always represented an evolutionary impulse beyond its own limitations, a challenge and a triumph. Since 1992, this wheel has been an icon for enthusiasts, who with Shamal saw the birth of the high-profile concept, a forerunner of what is currently available on the market. Shamal still has the same meaning for Campagnolo: breaking the mould to face the future.
The first Campagnolo wheel dedicated to endurance was born in keeping with this mantra, with a 21 mm internal channel that can accommodate larger tyres and ensure the cyclist maximum comfort on races and long rides. This new product was intended for a broader customer base, with a new, more accessible price point, but with every feature necessary to guarantee the maximum performance and style that characterise Campagnolo wheels. Carbon rim with unidirectional finish and a differentiated front/rear profile, modern rounded profile, new aluminium hubs, cup-and-cone bearing system. Every design decision is determined by the sole goal of improving cyclists’ performance over long hours on the saddle, providing comfort and rideability in all conditions.
The profile of the rim, which has an internal diameter of 21 mm, makes for perfect pairing with 25, 28 and 30 mm tyres. The wide channel, however, makes this wheel a complete all-rounder, also suitable for larger tyres that are perfect for gravel biking. Thanks to 2-Way Fit technology, Campagnolo guarantees complete compatibility with both clincher and tubeless tyres. The hole-free upper bridge, achieved through the patented MoMag system, allows a weight saving, increased rigidity and now also an aid to using tubeless tyres: no tape is required for the seal. Maintaining and cleaning the wheel on tyre changes has never been easier.
These wheels are designed to ensure extreme performance, comfort and versatility for cyclists. Campagnolo has always been a byword for reliability: the G3 spoking system with double spokes on the left of the front wheel ensures balanced and safe braking in all conditions. The construction of the whole wheel, engineered by considering every single component as part of a system, makes each Campagnolo product a godsend on longer rides, cyclosportives and the most demanding adventures.
Shamal Carbon DB: a renewed icon that maintains its blazing, indefatigable soul, like the wind from which it takes its name.
Available versions: dark label, Campagnolo N3W, Shimano HG, Sram XDR FW hub Compatibility: Shimano Microspline
C21, 21 mm internal channel:
- The rim design allows the utmost versatility in tyre use, from the most comfortable for road use (25, 28, 30 mm) to the largest for cyclo-cross and gravel use (starting from 32 mm and going up to the largest, 45/50 mm).
- Thanks to the patented MoMag system and the upper bridge with no holes, SHAMAL is ready for use with tubeless tyres but without requiring tape for the seal. Easy maintenance and cleaning guaranteed.
- The 2-Way Fit profile allows both clincher and tubeless tyres to be fitted. This makes Shamal the ideal wheel for all road riders (traditionalists and innovators), but also for all gravel riders who use tubeless tyres without abandoning the option of fitting an inner tube in case of major punctures, a lifesaver far from home.
- Shamal Carbon: perfect for long biking adventures.
Differentiated profile, front 35 mm / rear 40 mm:
- Shamal is engineered to ensure the utmost comfort on longer rides, both in terms of bumps and ease of riding, without ever sacrificing performance.
- 40 mm at the rear to guarantee maximum responsiveness and complete power transfer.
- 35 mm at the front ensure the best possible rideability, in all conditions.
Campagnolo’s unique style, technology and refinement... finally accessible:
- The first Campagnolo-branded carbon wheel at a new price point, with the aim of sharing Campagnolo’s technical advantage with a broader customer base.
- The first Campagnolo wheel in the endurance segment: performance combined with unprecedented comfort.
- The well-known cup-and-cone bearing system guarantees unique smoothness which, combined with the possibility of adjusting the play, positions the Campagnolo system at a higher level than standard bearings in terms of both performance and durability (option to purchase Campagnolo USB and CULT ceramic systems separately).
- The unidirectional, unpainted carbon rim allows a weight saving, dropping the wheelset weight to 1585 g and making SHAMAL CARBON a complete all-rounder.
- Campagnolo N3W body
- HG11 body
- XDR body
- Campagnolo sprocket set 10/11/12
- Shimano sprocket set / SRAM 10/11
- SRAM 12 sprocket set
- Black aluminium monolithic hub
- Hub edge: 100 mm in the front, 142 mm in the rear
- Pivot material: aluminium
- Cup-and-cone bearing system
- Profile height: 35 mm front / 40 mm rear
- Rim material: carbon
- Rim cross section (H x W): 35-40/28.1 mm
- Internal diameter of rim: 21 mm
- 24 slim steel circular-section spokes at the front, grouped according to the G3 system
- 24 slim steel circular-section spokes at the rear, grouped according to the G3 system
- Clincher and tubeless tyres
- The Shamal Carbon Disc Brake wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo technician and is 100% checked using electronic instrumentation.
- This procedure ensures that every single Campagnolo wheel offers maximum performance and reliability.
- 50 mm tubeless valve
- Bushing to reduce the size of the valve hole
- 2 levers in composite material for tyre removal
- User manual
- N3W adapter kit driver body for 11-12s compatibility (Campagnolo N3W body version)
Weight: 1585 g (Pair)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
Customer reviews and Q&A's are disabled because you declined functional cookies.
To enable reviews and Q&A's click the 'Cookie Settings' button below and enable functional cookies.
Campagnolo Shamal Carbon Disc 2-Way Tubeless Wheelset
Cycle to Work is a salary sacrifice scheme, where you can save up to 42% off a new Bike and Safety equipment. This means the cost is deducted from your salary as a non-cash benefit, so you save on tax and national insurance.
Here at Tredz, we accept Cycle to Work vouchers from all national schemes. For more information click here.
At Tredz, we’re committed to bringing you the best products at the best prices. If you find a product cheaper elsewhere, simply contact us for an immediate response using our live chat service. Click here to discuss your price match with an agent now for help.
Subject to Terms and Conditions
At Tredz, we offer a fast high quality service, with a range of options from free delivery on orders over £20, next day and convenient click & collect from one of our stores. Simply select within the checkout.
*Courier deliveries to Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and the Scottish Highlands/Islands will incur a charge.
At Tredz, if you are not 100% happy with your order, then you can use our simple hassle free returns service. Simply return the item new and unused in the manufacturers original packaging within 365 days of purchase. Bikes and larger items are collected by courier.