Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex Sealant - 10 Litres
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Tubeless Sealants See the latest products
New in Tubeless Sealants
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description Caffélatex is a truly innovative tyre sealant, successfully used on and off (MTB, cyclocross) road, ... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Thanks to the addition of microscopic silicate particles, Caffélatex now moves more slowly through holes, allowing the sealing ingredient more time to heal the puncture. These particles are NOT of macroscopic size (e.g., glitter 150-300 microns) but are instead microscopic particles less than 2 microns in diameter. Thus, Caffélatex flow characteristics change on a microscopic level without the headaches of valve-clogging glitter. Puncture repair speed is up to 5 times faster, an improvement especially noticeable with lightweight or thin-casing tires
The first advantage of Caffélatex over classic latex-based sealants comes from a foaming agent (Actifoam™), activated by wheel movement. Centrifugal force drives standard latex-based sealants against the outer circumference of the tyre. Caffélatex foaming action causes it to fill the tyre’s entire internal cavity , making it much more effective against sidewall punctures.
Its fast sealing action makes Caffélatex ideal for MTB and road tubeless, tubular and standard tyres. Caffélatex repairs punctures up to 5 mm (mtb) and 3 mm (road).
Thanks to its formula, Caffélatex is a very stable and durable sealant, but we know this is highly dependable on kind of application and external conditions.
- Tubular (or Caffélatex inserted into latex/butyl inner tube): 1-2 years
- UST Tubeless tyre: 4-6 months
- Tubeless-ready tyre: 2-4 months
- Tube-type tyre: 2-3 months
- Nevertheless, in the impossibility of knowing our customers’ specific application (kind of wheel/tyre set-up, tyre sidewall thickness and porosities, external temperature and humidity, bicycle storage conditions…), we recommend checking Caffélatex every 2 months, to make sure it’s liquid and therefore retains its ‘puncture preventive’ action.
- When dry, Caffélatex-sealed wheels are still air-tight, but Caffélatex won’t actively repair punctures.
30 to 50 ml per wheel for road/cyclocross applications; 50 ml for mtb tyres up to 26×2.10/29×2.00; 60 to 100 ml for mtb tyres over 26×2.10/29×2.00.