Racing Zero goes carbon for the first time in 2015, and does it in its own way: this is the first wheel on the market that combines a carbon rim and aluminum spokes.
This new hybrid technology will combine the legendary stiffness of the aluminum Racing Zero with a much better reactivity thanks to the carbon rim, that reduces the peripheral weight and the wheel inertia.
A really light wheel, with superior handling and optimal power transfer.
- A 29mm high carbon rim 17mm wide: a wider rim assures more comfort and a superior handling combined with more stiffness.
- The carbon is unidirectional, the highest performing carbon available on the market, with the 3k insertion on the braking surface, to allow better braking and superior durability. Aerodynamics: the wide and low profile, without any edge, reduces the friction coefficient.
- Racing Zero Carbon is the first wheel on the market with a carbon rim and aluminum spokes: this means that the nipples, the connection between the two different materials, had to be redesigned and studied.
- The new nipples, inserted thanks to MoMag™ tech, are specially shaped to make the mounting process easier and to stay in position without any buffer plates in other material.
- A carbon hub with an aluminum oversize flange: this solution assures more torsional stiffness and in consequence a greater reactivity at each change of pace whilst pedaling.
- This means a greater efficiency in the transmission of power to the wheel. The front hub has been redesigned, it's now smaller and lighter than before, smoothness is assured by the well known USB bearings technology.
Total Weight - 1351g