Fulcrum WIND 40 DB HG Wheelset with Free GP5000 Tyres & Tubes
- ShowProduct Information The combination of attention to aerodynamics and versatility creates Wind 40 DB.It's natural to poin... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
- Show Road Bike Wheel Guide
- Show Finance
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
The combination of attention to aerodynamics and versatility creates Wind 40 DB.
It's natural to point out that the design of the 40 mm rim is the direct descendant of the 55 profile: all the solutions developed for the higher profile have been included here, in a less specialised version.
So 40 mm, a light rim, created by the superposition of wide, modern unidirectional layers, with a pronounced profile (8 mm radius): innovative shapes, designed to blend with the tyre in a single element capable of eliminating turbulence, avoiding interrupting the flow of air that meets the wheel during the race.
But 40 mm also means versatility, because it is generally one of the sizes most appreciated by those who do not want to overdo things, but want an excellent wheel uphill, stiff and snappy, precise when riding. The system is completed with aluminium hubs, designed at the CNC, which support 24 "straight pull" spokes, guaranteeing maximum overall rigidity, both in acceleration and when braking, without influences due to the asymmetric nature of the forces coming from the disc and cogset.
Wind 40 DB is certainly the multi-purpose choice, with a strong focus on aerodynamics, to be fast, very fast, uphill, fast, very fast, on the flat, and just as much so downhill.
The unidirectional carbon fibre rim construction features Fulcrum Mo-Mag technology which allows for a completely sealed spoke bed to facilitate perfect tubeless integration, with a 19mm internal rim width perfectly suited to support 25 and 28c tyres. The 24 straight pull double butted spokes are threaded to each rim by hand using nipples which are moved into place with magnets in Fulcrums Italian wheel building facility. Asymmetric 2:1 spoke lacing with 16 spokes on the rear drive-side and 8 on the front non-drive side are optimised to best spread the stresses generated by the rear hub driver body and front disc rotor. The wheelset is completed with aluminium hubs.
- Tubeless Ready unising Fulcrum's 2-Way Fit system
- Discipline: Road / Triathlon
- Weight: 1620 g
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Rim Height: Front and rear: 40 mm
- Rim Width: 27 mm
- Internal Rim Width: 19 mm
- Tyre Width: From 23 mm to 50 mm
- Front Wheel Spokes: 24 (16 left - 8 right)
- Rear Wheel Spokes: 24 (8 left - 16 right)
- Spoke Material: Stainless steel, double butted
- Hubs: Aluminum, Aluminum flanges
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge bearings
Wheel/Tyre Bundle includes Grand Prix 5000 Foldable 700x25 tyres and Continental Race 28 60mm tubes
Grand Prix 5000 Tyre
The best allrounder in the field, brought to a whole new performance level. Ride faster, more comfortable and with increased puncture protection. Made to make you better.
+12% better rolling resistance (speed) : +20% more puncture protection : -10g lighter (25-622) : improved comfort
- BlackChili compound: It’s all about how you mix it With Conti's unique tread compound, which is produced only in Germany, they have revolutionised the sport of cycling. With the legendary BlackChili Compound, Conti have answered the eternal question of the best balance of grip and rolling resistance for cycling. Regular test wins confirm the measureable and noticeable advantages for the cyclist, established in the laboratory and on the road. The latest polymers as well as specially developed carbon black particles and filler materials guarantee unique performance
- Active Comfort : The revolutionary approach in cycling. Embedded in the tyre construction the Active Comfort Technology absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride.
- Lazer Grip, to make you one with the road. The lazered micro profile structure expands over the tire’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering.
- Vectran™: The benchmark in puncture protection Vectran™ is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tire as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
Road Bike Wheel Guide
How do I apply for finance?
Spend £99 or more at Tredz and you can spread the cost. Pay monthly over 6-48 months, interest free (dependent on repayment terms and amount).
1Fill your basket with everything you want from Tredz and go to the checkout.
2During checkout, select the finance option you want as your method of payment.
3You will be sent to our finance provider's secure server to complete your application.
4Finance providers PayPal & V12 will use the information provided to make a decision and complete checkout if you are approved.Read more about buying on finance
Flexible finance options
Choose your deposit.
Choose your term.
Lowest monthly cost
for 48 months
Best £0 deposit / 0% interest
for 12 months
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
International Deliveries – Temporarily Suspended 11/11/20
Note: We are still offering deliveries to the Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Jersey and Guernsey.
Courier Delivery update: Due to the COVID19 situation, we are currently experiencing some delays with deliveries. Our couriers are working around the clock to get your order to you as soon as possible but there is a potential delay of up to 48 hours . Please check your tracking on track your order here.
Please note on the TNT tracking app it may show your delivery status as ‘Collecting’ (as per image below). This means your delivery has left our warehouse and is currently held at TNT main depot and there could be up to a 48 hour delay.
Please keep checking the TNT tracking for further updates. On behalf of TNT we apologise for any delay and inconvenience this may cause.
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE in the UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.
You may also like...
Finance provider options available