Garmin Forerunner 245 Music Running Watch
- ShowProduct Information You do the running. Forerunner 245 Music does the thinking. It even gets to know you, mile after mil... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
- Show Computers Guide
- Show Finance
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
You do the running. Forerunner 245 Music does the thinking. It even gets to know you, mile after mile and song after song. This GPS smartwatch has storage for your favourite tunes, so you can keep moving to the music without having to lug your phone along. It also tracks your stats, crunches the numbers and gets to know all about your performance, your running form, your training history and even your goals. All you need to focus on is putting one foot in front of the other.
- This GPS running smartwatch evaluates your performance stats such as VO2 max, aerobic and anaerobic training effect and training status, and will indicate if you're undertraining or overdoing it
- You can also track advanced running dynamics such as ground contact time balance and stride length
- Take the guesswork out of training for your next 5K when you team this watch with the Garmin Coach app
- Select free training plans that adapt to your goals, or take training into your own hands by creating custom workouts at Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you're undertraining or overdoing it and offers additional performance monitoring features
- Get free adaptive training plans from Garmin Coach, or create your own custom workouts at our Garmin Connect online fitness community
- Provides advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more
- Safety and Tracking features make it easy to share your location with chosen contacts
- Customize with free watch faces, apps and more from our Connect IQ store
- GPS, GLONASS and Galileo network capability helps you track how far, fast and hard you've run, and that is on or off the city streets
- Connected features include built in WiFi connectivity, smart notifications, automatic uploads to the Garmin Connect online fitness community and the ability to track your runs with the LiveTrack feature
- Additional features available with Forerunner 245 Music version
- Sync your favourite music from select streaming services, and even store up to 500 songs right on your watch for phone free listening
- Battery life is up to 7 days in smartwatch mode and 10 hours in GPS mode or 6 hours in GPS mode with Music
Let the music play
If you can't run without the perfect playlist, you won't be able to run without Forerunner 245 Music. Sync your carefully crafted playlists from select music streaming services1 — such as Deezer and Spotify — to your watch for ad-free listening. You can even store up to 500 songs right on your watch. It's easy to transfer music from your computer and then queue up your favourite playlist for easy listening through headphones enabled with BLUETOOTH® technology.
Advanced performance analytics
What amount of training is right for you? Forerunner 245 Music offers personalised training and recovery insight for smarter training decisions, helping you prepare for your next race. It keeps tabs on your VO2 max and understands how heat and altitude impact your performance. The higher your VO2 max, the higher you can expect to perform, which is exactly what is shown by the performance condition metric. Training status evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you're training productively, peaking or overreaching. See how your workouts influence the development of endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic training effect feedback. Recovery time helps you maximise the benefit of your efforts by predicting when you will be ready for your next tough challenge. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
More ways to work out
Running is what you do, so train smarter with the tools available from our Garmin Connect online fitness community. Create your own custom workouts, or download free ones that sync right to your watch. Or, if you've got a specific goal in mind for your next 5K, check out Garmin Coach. Featuring guidance from expert coaches and free training plans that adapt to you and your goals, it's a foolproof way to get to the finish line. As part of your training plan, it can even help you predict your race time. What about when you want to switch it up? Forerunner 245 Music also has activity profiles for cycling, pool swimming, indoor rowing and even for using the elliptical or stair-stepper.
Analyse your running form
The Forerunner 245 Music GPS smartwatch also has the tools you need to improve your running form. The watch measures crucial running metrics2 such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These measurements are the key to understanding your form, so you can bring your best on every run and at every race. Your Forerunner 245 Music can start tracking these metrics with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your waistband.
Wellness and advanced sleep monitoring
The Forerunner 245 Music smartwatch has tools to help keep tabs on your overall well-being and the sleep4 you're getting at night. These tools provide crucial insight you can use to maximise your training. For example, it's our first running watch to include a Pulse Ox sensor5. This wrist-based sensor estimates your body's blood oxygen saturation, which can help gauge how your body is absorbing oxygen — especially while you sleep. And to give you an idea of how you're sleeping, Forerunner 245 Music tracks your light, deep and REM stages of sleep, along with movement throughout the night. It also features all-day stress monitoring for wellness tracking during the day. If your stress level starts to climb, use the relaxation breathing timer for a few minutes of guided breathing, which can help calm your mind and body. And to help you optimise your body's energy, Body Battery™ energy monitoring uses collected data to gauge your energy reserves at any moment, so you can plan your day to optimise times for activity and rest.
Menstrual cycle tracking
Get a better understanding of your body using the Garmin Connect™ menstrual cycle tracking feature. Use it to track your cycle, log physical and emotional symptoms and record personal notes. You’ll get education about training and nutrition during each phase of your current cycle, too. With the Connect IQ™ app, you’ll get cycle updates delivered to your wrist — including period reminders, cycle details and symptoms logged for the day.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
How do I apply for finance?
Spend £99 or more at Tredz and you can spread the cost. Pay monthly over 6-48 months, interest free (dependent on repayment terms and amount).
1Fill your basket with everything you want from Tredz and go to the checkout.
2During checkout, select the finance option you want as your method of payment.
3You will be sent to our finance provider's secure server to complete your application.
4Finance providers PayPal & V12 will use the information provided to make a decision and complete checkout if you are approved.Read more about buying on finance
Flexible finance options
Choose your deposit.
Choose your term.
Lowest monthly cost
for 12 months
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
International Deliveries – Temporarily Suspended 11/11/20
Note: We are still offering deliveries to the Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Jersey and Guernsey.
Courier Delivery update: Due to the COVID19 situation, we are currently experiencing some delays with deliveries. Our couriers are working around the clock to get your order to you as soon as possible but there is a potential delay of up to 48 hours . Please check your tracking on track your order here.
Please note on the TNT tracking app it may show your delivery status as ‘Collecting’ (as per image below). This means your delivery has left our warehouse and is currently held at TNT main depot and there could be up to a 48 hour delay.
Please keep checking the TNT tracking for further updates. On behalf of TNT we apologise for any delay and inconvenience this may cause.
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE in the UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.
Finance provider options available