Giant Contend 1 2017 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
New Product There's a newer version of this product now available...
Recommended alternatives We've found some more items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description Smooth and confident, the Giant Contend 1 is an all-new endurance road bike that carries on where th... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Smooth and confident, the Giant Contend 1 is an all-new endurance road bike that carries on where the Giant Defy left off and is ideal for both new and developed riders who are looking for that perfect blend of comfort, speed and efficiency.
The robust yet lightweight frame is made in Giant’s own factory from Aluxx-grade aluminium. Featuring stable geometry that is specifically aimed at confident performance in variable terrain the Contend is a great every-day road bike. Up front you get a carbon bladed fork that absorbs ‘road buzz’ for a more comfortable ride.
The Shimano Sora 2x9 speed drivetrain features a stiff compact crankset and wide range cassette that offers a wide range of gears so you can take on the climbs with confidence.
Cycle further and faster on the Giant Contend 1.
- ALUXX-Grade aluminium frame with stable geometry for confident cycling
- Carbon composite fork blades for a smooth ride
- Shimano Sora 9 speed drivetrain offers a wide range of gears
- Giant SR-2 wheels for reliable rolling
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Medium/Large, Large, X Large
- Colours: Black/White
- Weight: 9.2kg, Medium tested (no pedals)
- Weight: 9.5kg, Medium/Large tested (no pedals)
- The Giant Contend 1 is available with 0% APR finance
The Giant Contend 1 2017 Features are:
Frame: ALUXX-Grade Aluminium
Fork: Hybrid Composite, OverDrive Aluminium Steerer
Bars: Giant Connect
Stem: Giant Sport
Front Mech: Shimano Sora
Rear Mech: Shimano Sora
Shifters Shimano Sora
Chainset: Shimano Sora 34/50
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Cartridge
Cassette: SRAM PG 950 11x32
Chain: KMC X9
Front Brake: Tektro R312 dual pivot
Rear Brake: Tektro R312 dual pivot
Rims: Giant SR 2 Wheel Set
Front Hub: Giant Tracker Sport Road
Rear Hub: Giant Tracker Sport Road
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Tyres: Giant S-R4, Front and Rear Specific, 700x25mm Front, Giant S-R4, Front and Rear Specific, 700x25mm Rear
Seatpost: Giant Sport
Pedals: Wellgo clip and strap type