Giant Contend 2 2019 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The open road is calling. Fast, efficient and easy on the rider, the Giant Contend 2 is a road bike ... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (1)
The open road is calling. Fast, efficient and easy on the rider, the Giant Contend 2 is a road bike with endurance style geometry. This gives you a slightly more upright riding position for a more comfortable ride as you rack up the miles. Perfect for sportives and charity rides as well as general road cycling, the Contend offers an affordable entry in to the world of real road cycling.
- ALUXX-Grade aluminium alloy frame with endurance geometry
- Carbon bladed fork for lightweight steering precision
- Shimano Claris 2x8 speed drivetrain with wide range cassette
- Giant S-R3 wheels with wide 28c tyres for a smoother ride
- Sizes: X Small, Small, Medium, Medium/Large, Large, X Large
- Colours: Pure Red, Metallic Black
- The Giant Contend 2 is available with 0% APR finance
Smooth, fast and fun. This versatile aluminium road bike blends agility and comfort. So you can push the pace, ride more miles and have more fun on the road.
Balanced road geometry: Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends a confident rider position with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality: 27.2mm diameter seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations for a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimises fatigue.
ALUXX Aluminium Technology
This performance level frame material features 6061 alloy with single-butted tubes to produce strong, lightweight framesets for a variety of different bikes and riding styles.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionised the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping top tube (from the head tube to the seat tube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- UK price match
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Fork:||Advanced-grade composite, Hybrid OverDrive steerer|
|Front Brake:||Tektro TK-B177|
|Rear Brake:||Tektro TK-B177|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano Claris|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Claris|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Claris|
|Shifters:||16 speed Shimano Claris|
|Rims:||Giant S-R3 wheelset|
|Front Hub:||Giant Sport Tracker Road, 24h/32h|
|Rear Hub:||Giant Sport Tracker Road, 24h/32h|
|Front Tyre:||Giant S-R3 AC, 700x28|
|Rear Tyre:||Giant S-R3 AC, 700x28|
|Seat Post:||Giant Sport|
|Saddle:||Giant Contact Forward|
|Chainset:||FSA Tempo, 34/50|
|Bottom Bracket:||FSA cartridge|
|Pedals:||Basic Resin Flat|
Giant Contend 2 2019 - Road Bike Reviews
Customer Reviews (1)
Bought the bike online, and arranged for a specific date for delivery. The bike is very good value for money. It is probably designed to be a "beginner's" bike but it's just what I need (a winter bike which doesn't cost the earth).
Bought the bike online, and arranged for a specific date for delivery. The bike is very good value for money. It is probably designed to be a "beginner's" bike but it's just what I need (a winter bike which doesn't cost the earth).Close review