Giant Contend SL 1 2020 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Giant Contend SL1 is a lightweight all-rounder puts a premium on versatility and confident handl... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (2)
The Giant Contend SL1 is a lightweight all-rounder puts a premium on versatility and confident handling. Its aluminium frame and components produce a balanced feel of smooth compliance and responsive ride quality.
- ALUXX SL-Grade alloy frame with balanced road geometry
- Full carbon fork for a smoother ride
- Shimano 105 2x11 speed drivetrain with wide range rear cassette
- Giant P-R2 disc wheelset with 28c tyres
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Medium/Large, Large, X Large
- Colour: Gunmetal Black
- The Giant Contend SL 1 is available with 0% APR finance
Made with an updated lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frame, Contend SL features balanced geometry that gives it versatile all-rounder capabilities. The rear triangle is designed for quick acceleration while the front end puts the rider in a confident position. Its distinctive technologies, including a D-Fuse carbon composite seat post and increased tyre clearance, give it a smooth ride that’s perfectly capable on all types of road terrain. From the hills to flats, smooth roads or rough, Contend SL does it all.
Balanced road geometry
Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile road handling.
Smooth ride quality
Innovative D-Fuse carbon composite seat post design reduces road vibrations which, combined with a Giant wheelset that can take up to 28c tyres, ensures a smooth ride.
ALUXX SL aluminium frame delivers efficient climbing and snappy acceleration.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on any basket over £99
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum|
|Fork:||Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer|
|Front Brake:||Tektro TK-B178 w/ better finish/cartridge shoes|
|Rear Brake:||Tektro TK-B178 w/ better finish/cartridge shoes|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano 105|
|Front Mech:||Shimano 105|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano 105 SS|
|Rims:||Giant P-R2 wheelset|
|Front Hub:||Giant P-R2 wheelset|
|Rear Hub:||Giant P-R2 wheelset|
|Spokes:||Giant P-R2 wheelset|
|Front Tyre:||Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding|
|Rear Tyre:||Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding|
|Seat Post:||Giant D-Fuse, composite|
|Saddle:||Giant Contact (forward)|
|Chainset:||Shimano FC-RS510, 36/52|
|Bottom Bracket:||Shimano, press fit|
|Cassette:||Shimano 105, 11x30|
|Pedals:||Pedal with toe clips/straps|
Giant Contend SL 1 2020 - Road Bike Reviews
Customer Reviews (2)
Had a slight delay when receiving the bike, which was a suppliers problem not Tredz, however they kept me updated continuously and helped as much as they could. The Bike itself is simply lovely, I genuinely don't want to use it and could just sit and stare at its lovely matte body all day. Rides well so far but we will see how it fairs on the Whitehave to Tyne mouth , coast to coast route.
Had a slight delay when receiving the bike, which was a suppliers problem not Tredz, however they kept me updated continuously and helped as much as they could. The Bike itself is simply lovely, I genuinely don't want to use it and could just sit and stare at its lovely matte body all day. Rides well so far but we will see how it fairs on the Whitehave to Tyne mouth , coast to coast route.Close review
Ordered the small frame and the sizing is spot on, have stuck around 100 miles on it so far and it works a treat, plenty of pbs, good gearing and light for the price so it gets on up those climbs well
Ordered the small frame and the sizing is spot on, have stuck around 100 miles on it so far and it works a treat, plenty of pbs, good gearing and light for the price so it gets on up those climbs wellClose review