Green Oil Chain Lube - 100ml
- ShowProduct Information Your any weather wet lube :PenetratesLubricatesProtectsPrevents rustGreen Oil chain lube was develop... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (2)
- Show Lube & Cleaners Guide
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
Product DescriptionYour any weather wet lube :
- Prevents rust
Green Oil chain lube was developed in 2007, and is the country's if not the World's first biodegradable bike chain lube. It lasts in excess of 100 miles on the chain per application (depending on conditions) and has won a wealth of awards - from environmentalists and the bike industry alike.
Green Oil has an easy to use 'snap cap' Simply twist and pull off in one go. It has a fantastic long nozzle, easy to get to hard to reach areas.
Green Oil chain lube now contains N-Toc, a special refined plant extract to increase durability, increasing the length of time between applications.
Green Oil can also be used for cables, brake leavers, bike locks and for other lube applications. Its versatile. We don't want to encourage too much flying - climate change being a problem of course, but if you do need to take a plane you an take Green Oil with you. Green Oil is within the 100ml fluid limit, so you can even take it in your hand luggage (for a cheeky bit of on plane bike maintenance perhaps!).
Why use chain oil?
- A chain can be over 99% efficient in transferring energy from your pedalling to kinetic energy to drive the bike forward.
- Friction occurs between links, and lubricating the chain reduces this - increasing efficiency.
- Also, your bike chain is exposed to the elements: water + steel = rust. Rust = reduced efficiency (and harder pedalling!)
- Rust and wear due to friction also reduce the life of your bike chain. Green Oil chain lube reduces both, extending the life of your chain, and reducing friction, for a smoother ride.
- Ensure your bike is secure
- Preferably clean the chain first, and dry. (A wipe down with a rag is better than nothing)
- Work out how many times you need to spin the cranks for one chain circulation - Slowly turn the cranks backwards, watching a single chain link go all the way around.
- Apply Green Oil to the top part of the bottom half of the chain (if that doesn't make sense, hopefully the diagram below does!). Apply to one length of the chain. Apply to the 'rollers', the cylinders on the chain.
- Carefully spin the cranks a few times.
- Wipe off excess from the outside of the chain with a rag. Its most important to have lube between the links of the chain, rather than on the outside.
Green Oil Chain Lube - 100ml Reviews
Customer Reviews (2)
Excellent product and good value for money. You don't need to use much to lubricate the whole chain
Excellent product and good value for money. You don't need to use much to lubricate the whole chainClose review
I have a stealth bike back again! Chain is so quiet, it was long overdue :-)
I have a stealth bike back again! Chain is so quiet, it was long overdue :-)Close review
Lube & Cleaners Guide
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE to mainland UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund or exchange on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.