Rocky Mountain Altitude Powerplay Carbon 70 27.5" 2018 - Electric Mountain Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Electric Mountain Bikes See the latest products
New in Electric Mountain Bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Rocky Mountain decided that the best ebike they could create would come totally inhouse, and the Alt... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Rocky Mountain decided that the best ebike they could create would come totally inhouse, and the Altitude Powerplay Carbon 70 is the result of this. The new Powerplay system with motor and battery was developed completely by Rocky Mountain, giving them the freedom to customise it to suit their purposes. It features exactly the same geometry as the Altitude trail bike, delivering nimble handling, while the motor will get you up and over any climbs. Fox suspension front and rear and SRAM RE disc brakes give you complete control on the mountains and the RIDE-9™ allows you to alter the geometry and suspension rate in 9 different settings.
- SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon frame with RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry + Suspension Rate
- Fox Float DPS EVOL Performance shock controls the 150mm travel
- Fox Float EVOL Grip Performance fork is E-Bike optimised and has 160mm travel
- SRAM EX1 electric bike specific drivetrain gives 8 perfectly spaced gears
- SRAM Guide RE electric bike specific brakes are powerful and reliable stoppers
- Fox Transfer dropper post allows easy descending
- Sun Duroc 40 rims and Minion tyres gives traction and stable handling
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colours: Anthracite/Black, Yellow/Green
- The Rocky Mountain Altitude Powerplay Carbon 70 is available with 0% APR Finance
- Motor: 250 W / 48V Powerplay Drive
- Battery: Li-Ion 632 Watt/Hr
- Display: Handlebar switch
Please note: Some images show a slightly used bike, bikes sold are band new and not used in any way.
Ride more, further, faster. The Altitude Powerplay brings cutting-edge power to an aggressive trail bike, and opens the door to amazing terrain for all.
Introducing a fully integrated, electric-assist mountain bike that takes our Altitude’s legendary handling and ride quality and adds a compact, powerful drive system. The new Powerplay™ drive system was designed in parallel with the frame, delivering ultra-short chainstays, optimised suspension kinematics, super-low centre of gravity, and class-leading torque. The result is an e-MTB that actually rides like a proper mountain bike—perfect for everything from self-shuttling all mountain trails, finding flow between the descents, and squeezing in power lunch rides.
It’s an Altitude
The Altitude Powerplay has the same geometry and suspension performance as the unassisted Altitude platform. It is the first e-MTB that features true aggressive trail ride feel.
Next generation drive system
The Powerplay™ drive system was designed from the ground up to allow true mountain bike performance, while providing class-leading torque, massive battery capacity, and ultra quiet operation.
Intuitive pedal assist
An in-line torque sensor provides smooth, instant power response, making for an intuitive, natural ride with no learning curve. Get on and go.
Charge fast, then charge hard
The 48v motor provides super short charge times, taking only two hours to reach 80% capacity of the available 632Wh lithium ion battery.
Easily serviceable components, with both replacement parts and strong dealer service support in Europe.
Made in Canada
Powerplay™ drive Frame Construction
Designed by us in Canada, the Powerplay™ drive system is a sleek, lightweight, and powerful electric assist that pushes the boundaries of electric bikes. Its compact, low-mounted motor allows us to design electric mountain bikes to our suspension and handling standards—with proper geometry and ideal pivot placement. The system provides class-leading torque, ultra quiet operation, instant power response, and super fast charging.
Smoothwall™ carbon Frame Construction
Smoothwall™ carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
Size Specific tune Suspension
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
RIDE-9™ adjustment system Geometry
The RIDE-9™ adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Smoothlink™ suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
|Frame:||SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB. Internal Cable Routing. ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry + Suspension Rate|
|Fork:||Fox 36 Float EVOL Grip Performance 160mm|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS EVOL Performance|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit NO.57 Steerer Stop|
|Stem:||Rocky Mountain 35 AM|
|Bars:||Race Face Chester 780mm|
|Front Brake:||Sram Guide RE 200mm|
|Rear Brake:||Sram Guide RE 200mm|
|Rear Mech:||Sram EX1|
|Rims:||Sun Düroc 40|
|Front Hub:||Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm|
|Rear Hub:||DT Swiss 350 Boost 148mm|
|Front Tyre:||Maxxis Minion DHF EXO Tubeless Ready 27.5 x 2.5|
|Rear Tyre:||Maxxis Minion DHF EXO Tubeless Ready 27.5 x 2.5|
|Seat Post:||Fox Transfer Performance Elite 30.9mm|
|Saddle:||WTB Silverado Race|
|Chainset:||Race Face Turbine Cinch 34T|
|Bottom Bracket:||Race Face BB92|
|Cassette:||Sram XG-899 11-48T|
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.