SRAM Apex1 Hydraulic Disc Brake DirectMount (Rotor & Bracket Sold Separately)
Save 22% RRP: £221.00Price Match
or £28.67 / month
Ask a question
- ShowProduct Information SRAM APEX® 1 HRD Shift-Brake ControlCONTROL ITThe secret to great fun on any ride is confident and s... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
- Show Brakes Guide
- Show Finance
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
SRAM APEX® 1 HRD Shift-Brake Control
The secret to great fun on any ride is confident and secure braking. Letting it rip where you want, knowing that you can stop when you want. Enter the Apex 1 HRD shift-brake controls. Using our proven HydroR braking system, Apex 1 delivers quiet confidence on every ride. Mated to our HydroR brake lever is our DoubleTap® 11-speed shift lever, built to provide accurate shifting that you can rely on no matter where you ride.
- SRAM Road ExactActuation™ 11-speed compatible
- Uses DOT 5.1 brake fluid
- Caliper available in both 74mm and Flat Mount versions
- Lever body design offers excellent finger wrap, comfort and control
- Easily converts between 160mm and 140mm rotors with adaptor brackets
- Forged aluminum disc caliper with steel-backed organic pads and steel hardware
- Two piston hydraulic caliper
Specifications for SRAM APEX® 1 HRD Shift-Brake Control
- Weight : 344g
- Speeds : 11
- Recommended Group : SRAM APEX® 1
- Technology Highlight(s) : ExactActuation™
- Colors : Black
- DoubleTap® makes changing gears easier and faster, eliminating the cumbersome and awkward engagement associated with two-lever systems. DoubleTap handles up- and downshifts in one short, sweeping motion, with minimal effort and maximum comfort no matter where you are on the bars.
- DoubleTap® uses two pawls, one for holding the ratchet wheel, and one for transporting it up and down through the gear change. The pawls are arranged in a way so that they can leapfrog each other depending on how far, and with how much pressure, you push the shift lever.
- With short, rapid taps the transport pawl (04) moves the ratchet wheel (02) up through the shifting range. Downshifting comes via a longer sweep of the lever (in the same inward direction you upshift, but to an ergonomically maximized 15° angle) with the holding pawl (03) and the transport pawl leapfrogging each other quickly and smoothly.
- Location, Location, Location: DoubleTap’s one-motion unidirectional levers (05) work flawlessly no matter what position you’re shifting from. Its double-articulated design (01), which is completely separate from the brake pivot, is easily engaged from the hoods or the drops.
- Unlike all other forward controls, DoubleTap® also lets you pull the shift lever in against the bars so you can upshift while sprinting or attacking without giving up a firm grip. On DoubleTap® controls, the brake and shift levers are completely independent, each operating with their own pivot points. This not only allows for the multiposition functionality, it also eliminates the risk of engaging brakes or shifters unintentionally—an unfortunate side effect of other shift/brake lever designs.
- When we launched our road technology from scratch we reapplied our MTB proven SRAM 1:1 actuation ratio (shifter cable travel : derailleur movement) for 10 speed rear shifting. EA helps to simplify/stabilize the uneasy act of balancing rear derailleur hanger design, tight cog spacing and exact cable tension. The result: the easiest index shifting system to set up and it stays that way.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
Delivery & Guarantee
You may also like...
FSA Afterburner MTB Disc Brake
Hope Tech 3 E4 Disc Brake - No Rotor
Shimano BR-M8020 Deore XT 4 pot calliper
Finance provider options available