Specialized Chisel Comp 29er Mountain Bike 2018 - Hardtail MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
New Product There's a newer version of this product now available...
Recommended alternatives We've found some more items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Hardtail MTB See the latest products
New in Hardtail MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Real XC race performance without the price tag. The Specialized Chisel Comp is a hardtail 29er mount... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Real XC race performance without the price tag. The Specialized Chisel Comp is a hardtail 29er mountain bike that is quick and confident on cross-country adventures as well as on the race track.
Offering an ideal introduction to the world of XC racing, the Chisel features cutting edge cross-country MTB geometry – longer and slacker - that combines stability at speed and on the steeps with nimble handling in tight corners and switchbacks. Of course, the XC 29er geometry is great on the climbs too.
The M5 aluminium alloy frame is built with cutting-edge D’Aluisio Smartweld technology that moves the welds away from high stress areas of the frame. This delivers a lighter frame that is strong and stiff where it needs to be, for accurate handling and efficient power transfer as you step on the pedals. The frame also offers a smooth compliant ride which will make you reconsider the qualities that a high-end alloy frame can offer. As Specialized’s Senior Advanced R&D Engineer, Chuck Teixeira, says, "If you haven't ridden an aluminium bike lately, you haven't ridden an aluminium bike."
The RockShox Judy fork up front offers 100mm of suspension travel (90mm on size small) to tame the trail. Boost hub spacing on the frame and fork means that the wheels are stiffer as well as offering the ability to fit wider rubber.
The 2x10 speed Shimano XT/Deore drivetrain offers reliable shifting with a wide range of gears for taking on even the steepest of climbs. When gravity takes over the Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes offer plenty of stopping power in all conditions.
Discover your XC race pace with the Specialized Chisel Comp 29er MTB.Specialized Chisel review
- M5 aluminium alloy with D’Aluisio Smartweld technology for a lighter, stronger frame
- RockShox Judy Solo Air fork to tame the trail
- Shimano XT/Deore 2x10 speed drivetrain for reliable shifting
- Shimano Deore brakes for confident all-weather stopping
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Gloss Charcoal/Black
- The Specialized Chisel Comp is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day ‘no hassle’ returns
- 100% Tredz awesome
- Delivered free in the UK on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is a:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free ‘basic’ pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point, quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Note: Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Specialized D|Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake|
|Fork:||RockShox Judy 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)|
|Stem:||Specialized Alloy, 3D forged, 4-bolt, 6-degree|
|Bars:||Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp|
|Front Brake:||Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Deore down swing|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage|
|Shifters:||Shimano Deore, i-spec clamp|
|Rims:||Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width|
|Front Hub:||Front hub, disc, 15x110mm spacing, torque caps, 32h|
|Rear Hub:||Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h|
|Front Tyre:||Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 29x2.3", 60 TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready|
|Rear Tyre:||Fast Trak, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|Seat Post:||Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm|
|Chainset:||Stout XC Alloy Boost 36/22T|
|Bottom Bracket:||Threaded BSA|
|Chain:||KMC X10, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™|
|Cassette:||Shimano Deore, 10-speed, 11-36t|
|Pedals:||Specialized Platform, 9/16" spindle|