Specialized S-Works Ares Road Cycling Shoes
- ShowProduct Information When the moment comes for an attack in the hills, a long solo move, or a full gas sprint for the lin... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
- Show Road Shoe Guide
- Show Finance
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
When the moment comes for an attack in the hills, a long solo move, or a full gas sprint for the line, every watt counts, which is why Specialized designed the S-Works Ares to be the most efficient and powerful performance road cycling shoe ever made.
Specialized combined decades of BodyGeometry development with obsessive innovation working with the world’s best athletes to completely reimagine the race shoe. An entirely new, patent-pending closure system, Dyneema®-reinforced toungless sock, and ultra-stiff FACT Powerline™ carbon outsole eliminate foot roll, reduce pressure on tendons, and transfer every ounce of power to the pedals for unprecedented performance and comfort.
- Patent-pending closure design secures the foot for extreme, out-of-saddle efforts,locking the metatarsals and preventing lateral roll.
- Body Geometry features—Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and personalized insoles with a Metatarsal Button for the best fit
- Dyneema® is sandwiched between layers of synthetic and TPU to create no-stretchzones for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- Our stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximizes power transfer:Stiffness Index 15.
- Independent BOA® Li2 Fit System for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by theBoa® Guarantee.
- PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration.
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security.
- Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort.
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position cleats 5mm rearward and fits all major3-hole road pedals.
- Approximate weight: 220g (1/2 pair, Size 42)
- Colours: Red, Team White, White
- The Specialized Ares road cycling shoe is available with 0% APR finance
The key to more comfort, less injuries, and higher power output comes from Specialized's ergonomically designed, scientifically tested Body Geometry features—Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and personalized insoles with a Metatarsal Button. When used in harmony, these three features align the hip, foot, and knee, while also limiting medial/lateral knee movement and maintaining good circulation down to your toes.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
Specialized Shoe Sizing
Specialized Men's Shoes Size Guide
A good pair of cycling shoes will fit you perfectly, with a snug but not too tight fit.
Specialized cycling shoes are made from the strongest but most breathable fabrics, feature great adjustment systems and help you get the most out of your ride, whether you need a road shoe, mountain bike shoe or touring shoe.
Please note, all size information is provided as a guide - if you're unsure or need any further assistance you can call us on 01792 799508 ... we're happy to help!
Road Shoe Guide
How do I apply for finance?
Spend £99 or more at Tredz and you can spread the cost. Pay monthly over 6-48 months, interest free (dependent on repayment terms and amount).
1Fill your basket with everything you want from Tredz and go to the checkout.
2During checkout, select the finance option you want as your method of payment.
3You will be sent to our finance provider's secure server to complete your application.
4Finance providers PayPal & V12 will use the information provided to make a decision and complete checkout if you are approved.Read more about buying on finance
Flexible finance options
Choose your deposit.
Choose your term.
Lowest monthly cost
for 12 months
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
International Deliveries – Temporarily Suspended 11/11/20
Note: We are still offering deliveries to the Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Jersey and Guernsey.
Courier Delivery update: Due to the COVID19 situation, we are currently experiencing some delays with deliveries. Our couriers are working around the clock to get your order to you as soon as possible but there is a potential delay of up to 48 hours . Please check your tracking on track your order here.
Please note on the TNT tracking app it may show your delivery status as ‘Collecting’ (as per image below). This means your delivery has left our warehouse and is currently held at TNT main depot and there could be up to a 48 hour delay.
Please keep checking the TNT tracking for further updates. On behalf of TNT we apologise for any delay and inconvenience this may cause.
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE in the UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.
Finance provider options available