Specialized S-Works Ruby eTap Womens 2018 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Smooth riding and efficient, even over the most challenging road surfaces. The Specialized S-Works R... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
Smooth riding and efficient, even over the most challenging road surfaces. The Specialized S-Works Ruby is an endurance road bike that features a SRAM eTap drivetrain - the next level shifting technology. The Ruby achieves this smooth ride without sacrificing handling or efficiency and will help you to perform at your best for longer on Sportives and rough road races.
- Ultra-Lightweight S-Works FACT 11r carbon frame is lightweight, stiff and strong
- FACT 11r carbon fork is stiff, strong and reactive
- Future Shock offers 20mm of vertical compliance for a smoother ride
- SRAM eTap 22 speed drivetrain wireless groupset
- SRAM Red hydraulic disc brakes for confident stopping
- Roval CLX 32 carbon wheels for rapid rolling
- Sizes: 51cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm
- Colour: Tarmac Black/Nordic Red/Chrome
- The Specialized S-Works Ruby ETap is available with 0% APR finance
We've known for years that smoother is indeed faster, but until the S-Works Ruby with SRAM eTap came along, we had no idea just how right we were. The frame is among the lightest that we've ever made, and it's been constructed from our top-end FACT 11r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry.
Through some engineering sorcery, however, we've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4's Women's Endurance Geometry. Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front." We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with our Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Ruby outperforms anything on the market.
Lastly, we spec'd it with awesome components, like SRAM's revolutionary eTap shifting, hydraulic disc brakes, our new CLX 32 Disc wheels, and a whole host women's-specific comfort features.
The S-Works FACT 11r frameset is our highest quality carbon frame, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
An S-Works Ruby Disc fork is built from our top-end FACT 11r carbon fiber for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
SRAM Red® eTap 11-speed shifters provide a glimpse into the future of shifting, and double as brake levers for the SRAM Red hydraulic disc brakes. They communicate wirelessly with the front and rear derailleurs for a ground-breaking level of performance.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||S-Works FACT 11r carbon, Women|s Endurance Geometry, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel|
|Fork:||Ruby disc, FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle|
|Stem:||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|Bars:||S-Works Hover Carbon, 15mm rise, 125mm drop, 70mm reach|
|Front Brake:||2016 SRAM Red HRD|
|Rear Brake:||2016 SRAM Red HRD|
|Front Mech:||SRAM eTap, braze-on|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM eTap, 11-speed|
|Shifters:||SRAM eTap Hydro|
|Front Hub:||CLX 32 Disc, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready|
|Rear Hub:||CLX 32 Disc, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready|
|Front Tyre:||S-Works Turbo 2Bliss Ready, 700x26mm, 180TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt Protection, Gripton|
|Rear Tyre:||S-Works Turbo 2Bliss Ready, 700x26mm, 180TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt Protection, Gripton|
|Seat Post:||Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single bolt, 27.2mm|
|Chainset:||SRAM Red 22|
|Bottom Bracket:||Threaded SRAM GXP|
|Chain:||SRAM Red 22, 11-speed|
|Cassette:||SRAM Red 22, 11-28t|
|Pedals:||Basic Resin Flat|