Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert 2022 - Road Bike
- ShowProduct Information The new Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert is designed to go fast, there’s no if’s, and’s, or but’s about... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
- Show Tarmac SL7 Sizing & Geometry
- Show Road Bike Guide
- Show Finance
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
- Show What's In The Box
- Carbon frame and fork are aero designed for a faster ride
- Rider First design ensures each frame size offers the same great handling
- Shimano Ultegra groupset for silky smooth performance
- Roval C38 wheels complete the aero road race package
- Colours: Gloss Carbon/Oil Tint/Forest Green, Maroon / Black / Light Silver, Tropical Teal / Chameleon Eyris
- Sizes: 44cm, 49cm, 52cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 61cm
- The Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert is available with 0% APR finance
- 'Aero is everything'—we’ve been preaching it for years and it’s still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In our quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, we took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, we turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac Expert that’s faster than before—33 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac’s development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world’s best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac’s legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. We’ve improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It’s a win-win.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free cycle insurance voucher
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Tarmac SL7 FACT 10r Carbon, Rider First Engineered, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork:||FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Stem:||Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree|
|Bars:||Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach|
|Front Brake:||Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Ultegra R8150, braze-on|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Ultegra R8150, 12-speed|
|Shifters:||Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc|
|Front Tyre:||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Rear Tyre:||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Seat Post:||2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, 20mm offset|
|Saddle:||Body Geometry Power Expert, titanium rails|
|Chainset:||Shimano Ultegra R8100 52/36T|
|Bottom Bracket:||Shimano Threaded BSA BB|
|Chain:||Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed|
|Cassette:||Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed, 11-30t|
Tarmac SL7 Sizing & Geometry
Specialized Tarmac SL7 2022 Size Chart
142 - 155
4’8 – 5’1”
155 - 163
5’1 – 5’4”
163 - 170
5’4 – 5’7”
170 - 175
5’7 – 5’9”
175 - 180
5’9 – 5’11”
180 - 188
5’11 – 6’2”
188 - 196
6’2 – 6’5”
Specialized Tarmac 2022 SL7 Geometry
|TOP TUBE LENGTH, HORIZONTAL||496mm||509mm||531mm||541mm||563mm||577mm||595mm|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE||75.5°||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE||70.5°||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|SEAT TUBE LENGTH||435mm||447mm||458mm||475mm||496mm||517mm||547mm|
|HEAD TUBE LENGTH||93mm||102mm||113mm||131mm||151mm||178mm||198mm|
|BIKE STANDOVER HEIGHT||723mm||735mm||746mm||768mm||786mm||808mm||834mm|
|FORK LENGTH, FULL||366mm||366mm||366mm||366mm||366mm||366mm||366mm|
What size frame do I need if I am between sizes? - read here
Please note, all size information is provided as a guide - if you're unsure or need any further assistance you can call us on 01792 799508 ... we're happy to help!
Road Bike Guide
How do I apply for finance?
At Tredz, you can spread the cost of your purchase and pay monthly over 6-48 months, interest free (dependent on repayment terms and amount). Finance is provided by Barclays Partner Finance and PayPal Credit with 0% APR finance available on purchases over £250 for Barclays Partner Finance and from £99 for PayPal Credit. Eligibility criteria apply.
1Fill your basket with everything you want from Tredz and go to the checkout.
2During checkout, select the finance option you want as your method of payment.
3You will be sent to our finance provider's secure server to complete your application.
4Finance providers PayPal & Barclays will use the information provided to make a decision and complete checkout if you are approved.Read more about buying on finance
Barclays Eligibility Checker
You can use the Barclays Eligibility Checker to find out if you are likely to be accepted for a loan through Barclays Partner Finance without affecting your credit score.
Credit is subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history. Tredz is the credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance is the lender.Eligibility Checker *This takes you to the Barclays secure gateway
Flexible finance options
Choose your term.
Lowest 0% interest
for 48 months
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
International Deliveries – Temporarily Suspended 11/11/20
Note: We are still offering deliveries to the Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Jersey and Guernsey.
Courier Delivery update: Due to the COVID19 situation, we are currently experiencing some delays with deliveries. Our couriers are working around the clock to get your order to you as soon as possible but there is a potential delay of up to 48 hours . Please check your tracking on track your order here.
Please note on the TNT tracking app it may show your delivery status as ‘Collecting’ (as per image below). This means your delivery has left our warehouse and is currently held at TNT main depot and there could be up to a 48 hour delay.
Please keep checking the TNT tracking for further updates. On behalf of TNT we apologise for any delay and inconvenience this may cause.
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE in the UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.
What's In The Box
What's In The Box
As cyclists ourselves, we know you will be keen to get out on your new bike as soon as possible. That's why we provide you with all the essential kit you need to get your shiny new bike rolling for the first time.
Most bikes don't come with pedals as standard so we include a set of basic pedals, free of charge with every bike we send out. We will also provide you with a pedal spanner to fit them and a 9-key trail tool, along with full instructions for setting your bike up out of the box. Each bike is sent out with a 16 point, quality control check sheet so you can be confident that your bike has been fully checked by our qualified mechanics.
- Basic setup instructions
- 16 point quality control checklist
- Free tredz multitool
- Free tred pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Free drawstring kit bag
- Free bike insurance voucher
All these items are provided at no extra charge and are packed into a Tredz drawstring bag that doubles up as a handy backpack for carrying your ride essentials.
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free ‘basic’ pedals
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free Tredz 9-key trail tool
- Free Tredz drawstring bag
- Free 14 Days insurance voucher
- 16 point, quality control check sheet
Read our bike setup guide.
- Tredz bikes are fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- 0% APR finance available on any basket over £99
- 365 day 'no hassle' returns
- Free UK delivery, on a date that suits you
You may also like...
Finance provider options available