Surly 1x1 Single Speed MTB Frameset 2015
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in MTB Frame See the latest products
New in MTB Frame
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Dig the 1x1, a singlespeed mountain bike. It was designed for 26" wheels, big tires (clearance for 2... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Product DescriptionDig the 1x1, a singlespeed mountain bike. It was designed for 26" wheels, big tires (clearance for 2.8"), and single cog and ring drivetrains. Run it with a freewheel, a fixed cog or if you like with an internal gear hub. The 1x1 is made of 4130 CroMoly tubing of our own design, with a custom double-butted main triangle and triple-butted fork blades for a tough yet responsive, lively ride. The geometry is pretty straightforward... it rides like a mountain bike. Chainstays are heat-treated for durability. It's got 51mm I.S. disc caliper mounts. The fork can be replaced with a 100mm-travel suspension fork, but we've maintained good standover clearance, Clarence.
After many years in our line-up, it may seem odd to keep the 1x1 around. 26" wheels aren't as popular as they once were, at least here in the U.S., but 26" is still a very capable wheel size, and works especially well on smaller frames for shorter folks. Plus, the 1x1 handles great, and can be built up a hundred different ways. It makes as good a street bike as it does an off-road bike. You could build it with 65mm Marge Lite rims, or 50mm Rabbit Holes and have yourself a mid-fat. The possibilities boggle the mind. We sell it as a frameset. The finish, as on all our frames, is durable powdercoat.
- Tubing: 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Rear Dropouts: Investment cast Surly track dropouts, 135mm spaced
- Braze-ons: 51mm disc tabs, rear brake toptube housing stops, seatstay mounted disc housing guides, fender eyelets front and rear and dual water bottle mounts
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp: 30.0mm Surly stainless, included
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless
- Bottom bracket shell: 73mm wide, threaded English 1.37"; x 24t
- Tire Clearance: Room
- Fork: Suspension corrected for 100mm travel suspension fork. 100% CroMoly, tapered and butted, straight-blade
- Colour Cash Black or Green grass
- XS (14"), S (16"), M (18"), L (20") or XL (22") sizes