Surly Cross Check Touring Frame
- ShowProduct Information The Cross-Check was the third frame we ever offered. There is no such thing as one bike that can do ... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
- Show Finance
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
Product DescriptionThe Cross-Check was the third frame we ever offered. There is no such thing as one bike that can do it all, but the Cross-Check does a good job of most things people use bikes for. It's a cyclocross bike by design but that's not how most people use it. It does as good a job getting you across the country as it does getting you across town. It's at home on the road and on trails, on gravel, and just about whatever else you might run into. It'll take pretty big tires, or smaller ones if you like. It can be built as a geared bike, a singlespeed or a fixed-gear.
The frame is designed to supply a comfortable but lively ride. The tubing is CroMoly steel, high quality drawn tubing built to our specifications. It's built to work with components of popular sizes, meaning you can find options in tons of new and old parts. It will accommodate a wide range of crank types and chainring sizes. It's got accommodations for racks and fenders front and rear. Because it takes those big tires, so you can outfit it to suit where and how you'll use it.
We offer the Cross-Check as a frameset and also in complete bike form. In fact, we've got two versions of the Cross-Check complete. One is a 2x9, with drop bars, cantilever brakes and traditional bar-end shifters. The other is a singlespeed, geared 42/17, with a Salsa Motoace riser bar, Avid V-brakes and comfy, capable 42mm Continental Tour RIDE tires. Both use the same frame so you can change it up later if you want. There's a reason we still offer the Cross-Check after all these years. The frame is comfy, tough as nails and super versatile. We continue to hear from people for whom the Cross-Check has long been their default go-to bike simply because it performs so astonishingly well.
- Tubing: Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Rear Dropouts: Semi-horizontal dropouts give you singlespeed compatibility and wheelbase adjustability. Adjuster screws are included to keep your wheel in the right place for optimal shifting if you go with derailleurs. Our Gnot-rite spacing (132.5mm) allows you to run 130mm road hubs and 135mm MTB hubs
- Brake Compatibility: Cantilever brake studs front and rear
- Braze-ons/extras: Bosses front and rear to take cantilever or linear-pull brakes, eyelets at the dropouts, rear rack bosses, dual water bottle mounts, downtube shifter bosses, fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets for a front rack
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 30.0mm Surly stainless, included
- Headset/Steertube: 1-1/8? threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, standard English threaded 1.37? x 24t
- Chainring Clearance: Manipulated stays so you can fit the size rings you want. Go nuts
- Tire Clearance: Fatties Fit Fine (FFF) stays and our beautiful slope-crowned custom fork give room for tires up to 700c x 42mm, or about 700c x 40mm with fenders. Largest possible tire size depends on tire, rims, axle location in the dropouts, and other factors, but still, you can run pretty damn big tires
- 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed.
- Sloping crown with threaded eylets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
Dream Tangerine or Cuba Libre (Auburn) or Gloss Black
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.
There are currently no customer reviews
How do I apply for finance?
Spend £99 or more at Tredz and you can spread the cost. Pay monthly over 6-48 months, interest free (dependent on repayment terms and amount).
1Fill your basket with everything you want from Tredz and go to the checkout.
2During checkout, select the finance option you want as your method of payment.
3You will be sent to our finance provider's secure server to complete your application.
4Finance providers PayPal & V12 will use the information provided to make a decision and complete checkout if you are approved.Read more about buying on finance
Buy now, pay 12 months later.
Interest free credit with no deposit. Pay nothing for 3 or 6 months on orders over £850, or 12 months on orders over £1,500* *Not available through PayPal Credit
Flexible finance options
Choose your deposit.
Choose your term.
Lowest monthly cost
for 36 months
Best £0 deposit / 0% interest
for 12 months
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE to mainland UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund or exchange on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.