TRP Spyke Caliper Brake
Ask a question
- ShowProduct Information Finally a mechanical disc brake for mountain bikes and fat bikes that offers superior performance an... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
- Show Brakes Guide
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
Finally a mechanical disc brake for mountain bikes and fat bikes that offers superior performance and is a snap to set up.
The TRP Spyke is a dual sided mechanical brake where both pads actuate providing even and precise clamping force. This translates into even pad wear and, with the addition of a simple cable barrel adjuster, the pads can be adjusted easily and hassle free. No frustration at completely adjusting the whole caliper, only to have it continue to drag the fixed side, adding wear! All of this in a 169g package that works with any of the linear pull levers on the market. The TRP Spyke mechanical disc brake can be used with a 160mm or 180mm rotor. Rotor and mounts sold separately.
• Dual sided actuation
• Even pad wear
• Easy adjustment and set up
• Works with ALL linear pull levers
• TRP's own ultra-grippy semi-metallic pad that is Shimano M525/M515 compatible allowing for further customization
• Compound works well in dry conditions but may wear quickly in wet/muddy conditions
• Available in sand blasted matte black
Weight: 169g/caliper per wheel
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.