Zipp 202 Carbon Clincher Disc V2 24 Spoke Road Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Ultimate weight saving for the fastest ascents. The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher disc brake re... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Ultimate weight saving for the fastest ascents. The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher disc brake rear wheel gives you incredible power transfer with impressive torsional rigidity and an added nod to aerodynamic efficiency.
Zipp’s proprietary Firecrest rim profile revolutionised the aerodynamic wheel market when it was introduced, and is one of the most copied technologies out there. The Firecrest design not only slices through the air at the front of the wheel, it helps maintain the aerodynamic advantage at the back edge of the wheel as well. Firecrest also helps the rim remain more stable during crosswinds, reducing the side-drag and making sure your steering stays confidently settled and consistent.
Zipp’s carbon clincher rim technology has been revolutionary in the high-performance road bike world. Zipp use Formula One technology in their carbon fibre resin to make sure the rims are capable of withstanding incredibly high temperatures. During long descents where the brakes get plenty of use, this technology is invaluable. Zipp designed and built a bespoke testing rig to make sure their carbon clincher wheel rims are permanently among the best in the world.
Designed specifically for use with disc brakes, the 77/177D hub set is a perfect example of Zipp’s engineering excellence. The star-flanged straight-pull hub shell is designed to distribute spoke tension forces evenly, ensuring the bearing bores stay round and smooth. This near-microscopic level of attention to detail is what makes Zipp wheelsets so popular. They’re ultra-reliable, built with incredible precision, and designed for the ultimate performance.
For more information, and to purchase the matching front wheel, take a look at the Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Disc front wheel.
About the 77/177D hubset:
- Bearing preload precision set at the factory – there’s no need to set the preload yourself
- Improved bearing protection and sealing
- redesigned designed quick-release skewers (included) have a wider & more ergonomic handle to give more leverage for opening and closing
- Proprietary flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern, with Sapim® CX-Ray® spokes, optimizes the torsional and lateral stiffness without increasing weight or robustness
- 17mm axle
- Thru-axle compatible. Comes with thru-axle end caps that can be swapped by hand (12x135mm & 12x142mm)
- Weight: 825g
- Rim Depth: 32mm
- Brake Track Width (center): 24.62mm
- Max Width: 25.4mm
- Spoke Count: 24
- Spoke Length: Non-Drive 284mm | Drive 282mm
- Spoke Pattern: Drive 2 cross | Non-Drive 2 cross
- Max Tire Pressure: 125psi (8.62 bar)
- 11-speed compatible hub: Yes
- Dimpled Rim Surface: Yes
- Nipples: Brass Sapim® Secure Lock
- External Nipples: Yes
- XD Driver Body Compatible: Yes
- The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher disc brake rear wheel is available with 0% finance